electrical zaps?!?!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

electrical zaps?!?!

Postby ouchiemama » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Agh so today I have started getting really horrible electric type zaps in my hands mainly :yikes: its really horrible!! Its like ones you get when coming off antidepresssants, but im not! I had to double check Id remembered to take them & I have.

Anyone else?!?! Wondering if its the weather (thunder & lightening) or Ive been on pregabalin for a week & still trying to get used to them as Im finding they make me feel very weird! Also I had teeth out with iv sedation yesterday dont know if it could be anything to do with that.....

Its horrible whatever it is!! :(

Any ideas or advice or similar experiences please lovely peeps?!? xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: electrical zaps?!?!

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Nerve pain sounds like to me.

Could be a number of things causing this so best off seeing your GP

If its fibro related it could be radiating from your shoulders / neck if you suffer from stiffness? another could be carpal tunnel syndrome as this is a associated condition. Maybe a side - effect from the mediction you have started.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks lisa, I do have major problems with my shoulder/arm/hand & physio said she thought I had irritated nerves in my neck and that was causing my hand numbness, this zap thing is new..will mention it to gp at next visit see what he says...

Could be adjusting to the pragabalin, so will try & ignore it & see if it passes.

Thanks again, appreciate your reply.xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:43 pm

I was having similar thoughts to Lisa as well, so there's not really anything that I can add to what Lisa has already said I'm afraid :( :( :( :(

Hope you can get some easing from it soon as I know from having my own zaps just how uncomfortable and awful it can be :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Diane64 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 pm

I get this now and again at the end of my finger tips, it comes and goes every other week and have no idea if its fibro or medication. i spoke to the doctor about it and he didnt seem that surprised, he was going to up the dose of gapabentin but since i dont get it all the time i told him i was happy enough to not put the dose up..numbness and tingling i get often aswell and think its just another thing to put up with..

Also i have had steroid injection in shoulder and elbow so could be down to nerve damage but didnt get a definite answer from the doc just that i felt like he presumed it was a normal fibro thing..Di.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia