Unbearable pain in foot - fibro???

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Unbearable pain in foot - fibro???

Postby Colibri » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 am

Hi all

I came back from holiday earlier this week and my foot started hurting really badly while on the flight back. Thought nothing much of it, just the usual (transient) aches and pains.

However, the pain got much, much worse. It's at the side/top of my right foot, about where the 5th metatarsal is, including a slight swelling. Since Wednesday morning I can't bear any weight on it, the pain is excruciating to an extend it makes me sweat and feel nauseous. Went to my GP, was referred to A&E for x-ray and opinion, but no fracture or anything showed up on it and A&E registrar fobbed me off with "you must have sprained it, take paracetamol and get on with it". How can I have sprained my foot of I have not injured it?! I have not knocked it, or fallen over, or else :(

Now I really do wonder if it could be a new presentation of my fibro? I am used to getting pain in my knees, back, head and neck, but I never had any problems with my feet, certainly not to this extend. I taped my foot up and use crutches to get about now. I have another appointment to see my GP next Tuesday and I am now collecting some more info to prepare me for it (she's nice, but not the GP I usually see and I'm not sure how much she knows about fibromyalgia).

I have got a sick note for work until Wednesday, but if this continues, I am not sure how I am supposed to make it back on Thursday, especially as I cannot drive my car with this pain, couldn't break or accelerate and my commute is more than 20 miles.

Has any of you ever experienced fibro pain like this? How did your GP deal with your problem? What did they do for treatment? Any info gratefully appreciated, thank you xx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
Colibri
UKFM Newbie

Re: Unbearable pain in foot - fibro???

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:31 am

There are a number of references to foot pain across the boards, if you try using the search box in the top right corner of each page, it might bring up something similar to what you are experiencing and hopefully give you a bit of an idea as to what it might be.

Not sure what else to suggest as there could be a number of reasons for what it causing the problem :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bevmraw » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi, I have had the same in both my feet but the left is worse, nothing seems to help not even painkillers. My left foot is so bad I can't even stand on it at the moment. If you find something that works let me know. I hope you get some relief soon , Beverley x
bevmraw
UKFM Newbie

Postby frances A » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I actually wrote last week about the same pain, same foot , now the left foot is experiencing the symptoms, rest no help, agony trying to put shoes on - solution anyone ? frances A.
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 pm

frances A wrote:perhaps someone could solve a problem for me ? about 5 mths ago my legs & feet swelled up from knees down- red hot burning, itching, skin feels bone dry , is red & feels rough & scaly- my feet feel as tho someone is wringing them, it hurts to walkwith or without shoes which are agony to put on- not much better in bed ! told dr- 'oh, fluid retention' no solution !

Was it this post frances??

With you attaching it to another topic it may not have been seen by as many members than would have read it if it had been a separate topic, which may be why there haven't been any helpful responses :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest apart from trying a different doc to see if they have any other possible ideas :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I get pains in my feet which are FM related, the only other times I have had problems, it has been because I've had 21kg of spaniel land on a foot when she is excited and desperate to get somewhere :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Colibri » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

I am due to go back to my GP on Tuesday. Only surviving the weekend on strong painkillers. Gosh, how I despise the attitude they had in A&E! Do they think I'm stupid? The pain in my foot is not related to any sprain/fall/injury and rest does not ease the pain. There is, however, still that little swelling over the bone and that's not going down either. Feel fobbed off left, right and centre. So frustrating.
I will share any suggestions my GP may have on Tuesday, so far the only thing that has helped a little bit was taping up the foot. Maybe worth a try for my fellow sufferers? xx
Colibri
UKFM Newbie

Postby Colibri » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:36 am

"frances A wrote:
perhaps someone could solve a problem for me ? about 5 mths ago my legs & feet swelled up from knees down- red hot burning, itching, skin feels bone dry , is red & feels rough & scaly- my feet feel as tho someone is wringing them, it hurts to walkwith or without shoes which are agony to put on- not much better in bed ! told dr- 'oh, fluid retention' no solution !"

Frances, that sounds awfully like cellulitis! Has your GP considered that? Here's some more info regarding cellulitis:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cellulitis ... ction.aspx

Hope you get that sorted soon xx
Colibri
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tracie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Noticed my feet feel like the bruised
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia