Memo..........Memory!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Memo..........Memory!

Postby leewhyte » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey all,

All joking aside I'm starting to get really worried about my memory. I'm 26 and I can't remember most things like the way to a place I've been hundreds of times or what my wife said 10 minutes ago ( and no not selective hearing lol). I was just wondering if this is a fibro thing or possibly a med side effect? I'm taking codine, paracetamol, amatriplyne and sertaline.

Cheers in advance.
leewhyte
UKFM Member

Re: Memo..........Memory!

Postby denys » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:01 pm

the short answer is both, some meds (amytriptiline) (sp) cause short term memory problems but the biggest culprit is the famous fibro fog can cause all sorts of problems for us just put fibro fog into the search facility and it should throw up loads of examples for you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby leewhyte » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Thank you Denys,

I have to admit that I do get "the fog" (Dadadum!) but this is more about when its clear, why is it so hard to explain but hopefully you can understand this.

Thank you
leewhyte
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm another who feels it could be a bit of both Lee. Before being on meds, I noticed I was forgetting a lot of stuff that ha always been easy for me to recall, then when I started meds, it seemed to add an extra dimension to things, to the point where a couple of F1 seasons ago, it became very apparent that a lot more was escaping my mind. Up until then, I had been able to recall the most anoraky facts of the sport with ease, all I needed to do was hear or read something once and it was assimilated in the F1 area of my brain. These days, I'm struggling to recall what has happened from one race to another :( :( :( :(

It is frightening and frustrating all at the same time, and as all things follow with FM, the more you think about, the worse the problem can become :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You could speak to your GP about this worry, there are some tests that can be done if necessary to see if there could be another reason behind your cognitive impairment, at the very least it might help ease your worries a little :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:51 pm

i just have to add to this .i sometimes forget what side of the road i have to drive on. yes really i was turning left and stop dead woundering what side to go on to this end i now dont drive thanks fibro fog
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia