shortness of breath

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shortness of breath

Postby Wackers34 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:31 pm

my newest of symptoms seems to be shortness of breath, even when Im sitting...i get tight chest and some stabbing pains (not bad) in my chest also...it sometimes moves up my throat into my wind pipe and feels all tingly and stingy around that bit.

Is this just another weird symptom of fibro or should I get this checked out?

Any experiences with this would be welcome

Also get a racing heartbeat, but got put on beta blockers for this and it helps a bit
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: shortness of breath

Postby Janet Poole » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi . . I have exactly the same symptoms also palpitations but lower down as if they are in my stomach. . Heart skips beats etc. . I'm told by my gp that everything is fine and it probably is anxiety related. . Fibromyalgia has got to be one of the most weird things out there the symptoms are so varied and change from hour to hour it seems. . Bless us all xx :grouphug:
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Same here once I mentioned chest pains the doc sent me for a ECG but all was fine its not a pleasant feeling though
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby liv » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:03 pm

I used to get shortness of breath .... and when you do you are inclined to panic a little and so it can become worse.

I have found that by cutting down (almost cutting out) dairy my breathing is so much better .... in fact when I come to think of it now I have not had this problem for a long time :-)
liv
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 pm

I would have it checked out, just to be sure about things. There are some associated conditions that can cause pain in and around the chest/rib area, which can make breathing uncomfortable to say the least.

And whilst it may be related to FM, there is always the possibility that it may be due to something completely different as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia