pride and prejudice and fibro

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pride and prejudice and fibro

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

i was laying in bed last night thinking about all the love story's books and things ppl read . i was in loads of pain so what new there lol. and i thought how different a story would be if the said lady in the story had fibro did make me giggle .

Sparks fly when spirited Elizabeth Bennet meets single, rich, and proud Mr. Darcy. But Mr. Darcy reluctantly finds himself falling in love with a woman beneath his class. Can each overcome their own pride and prejudice and fibromyalgia ?

The story is based on Jane Austen's novel about five sisters - Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia Bennet - in Georgian England. Their lives are turned upside down when a wealthy young man (Mr. Bingley) and his best friend (Mr. Darcy) arrive in their neighborhood lets re write this

The story is based on Jane Austen's novel about five sisters - Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia Bennet - in Georgian England. Their lives are turned upside down when Jane Elizabeth Mary Kitty and Lydia Bennet all get fibromyagia

Love Relation between Catherine and Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights
kate bush sings heathchiff its me its cathy ive CRAWED home so COLDDDDDDD. DRAG me in throught your windowwwww. :crazy:

Both Cathy and Heathcliff love each other profoundly. Yet we notice some ambiguity in both Cathy’s speech and action. rewrite this
Both Cathy and Heathcliff love each other profoundly. Yet we notice some fibro fog in both Cathy’s speech and action. :-P
hope it made u smile xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: pride and prejudice and fibro

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Love the idea of the big literary heroines having fibro....might have impacted on the story a little!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:21 pm

It would certainly add a new element to things. I wonder how Dracula would have drunk the blood of his victims if TMJ had come along with FM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And what about how Frankenstein's monster would have moved as it's always depicted as already being slow, rigid and cumbersome :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Maybe the various folk searching for the Ring in Lord of the rings weren't really a fellowship of the Ring but a FM support group in search of Golum who had the only example of a new fibro drug ....his Precious !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 am

LOL grins that did make me giggle .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:30 am

Lol this made me laugh lol.

This isn't really along the same lines but very similar. We watched a film at the weekend called "Identity Thief" with Melissa McCarthy in it. She's a great comedic actress and this film was so funny. Anyway there was this one scene where she has a a small car bump and she gets out the car and starts rolling on the floor faking injury and saying "ooooh my fibromyalgia my fibromyalgia"

I was so shocked to hear FM being used in a film I made OH rewind it 3 times lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Ohhh fame at last ....wheres my agent!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:45 pm

Lol I know! I was just so shocked that it was referenced in a film and quite a big film at that lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia