Memory loss

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Memory loss

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I am getting very angry and upset with myself today...

My boss is starting to get frustrated with me as I am getting half way through projects, being handed another to start once the 1st one is complete, and then forgetting that I haven't completed the 1st one and jumped right into the next.

When my boss comes to run the 1st set of programs on the machines he only has half the work.. I swear blind I have completed them... I remember starting them, so assume that they are all done.. And in my mind they are complete.. Till I come to look for them on my pc :(

I have worked here for over 16 years, and getting both angry and upset with myself that I cannot even finish a project without forgetting it.. I am in tears as I am writing this.. As I really don't know what to do :(

I have asked him to be patient, and remind me when I have forgotten something !! but I know he has a lot on his mind, as well as a busy workload, so the last thing he needs is to be baby sitting me :evil:

I am honestly thinking about giving up with everything
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Memory loss

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 pm

Sounds like you need a set of stages on a tick list for each project so you know where you are up to with each one.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Odette » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:38 pm

In the morning I write a list of everything that needs done and when it needs too. It's not foolproof, but it certainly helps. Also if your mobile phone ha a facility to "name" the alarm, say 3pm "project 2" it'll help too, cause I don't always remember to check my written list!
Odette
UKFM Newbie

Postby Pretzelnut » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 am

Snap.

This is the most frustrating part of fibro for me.

I have a calendar, notepad, various alarms on my phone, giant whiteboard, but I still forget things. Like how to spell my own name. It's there I know it, but my brain has forgotten how to say the letters.

I tell people all the time it's incredibly frustrating as I'm (or was) pretty intelligent and now I just feel dumb all the time.

I have even forgotten how to cook. I can stand looking in the fridge at sausages for example and I have no idea how to cook them.
I remember one experience of using the cash machine. I stood there staring at this totally alien conception. I kinda knew I got money out of it but I couldn't remember HOW to get the money out, I ran home sobbing.

Right now I can't even hold a conversation. I get half way through a sentence and just stop. The other person just looks at me but I have just forgotten what we were talking about and what I was saying.

As my mum has fibro to our little chats take weeks. Ill go back in 3 weeks and say weren't we just talking about such and such.

I forget my meds. I double dose sometimes cos I forget I've taken them.

Se days I'm certain I have done something when I haven't, I thought it, was about to do it, then forgot about it.
Pretzelnut
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am

well hunnie its something that u learn to live with . i forget what im saying or forget a word i want i can see the bloody thing in my head but i cant get it out.what make s me angry is when ppl just look at u waiting which makes it worse. dame judy dence used to use a hebel pill called QI meant to help with memory.do ask dr first . i have not tried it yet but im going to.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am

I do use calendars, alarms on my phone, diary, and list everything... Yet I still forget o.O

Form filling is a nightmare, I also forget my name.. birth date, phone numbers, even where I live/work lol..

Had a kitchen fire not too long ago !! Started cooking some chops, someone knocked at the door ( flaming charities wanting money again.. every flaming weekend hoards of them decend... ) anyway's.. after telling him im skint and to bog off I went and sat down to watch some tv.. no memory of putting the chops under the grill.. The fire alarm went off, and next thing I know my kitchen is on fire...

I know the meds don't help with memory !! Im on quite a few medications atm, and I also know my epilepsy is a big factor when it comes to recalling as it my right hippocampus which is where the over sparking starts o.O.. so add that with the fibro fog and I feel lost :(

No matter how much I write stuff down, use lists, alarms.. nothing is helping, and I am now completely reliant on spell checkers as I am unable to recall words and put them into text. The word is there, but it comes out wrong.. Me thinks I am doomed...

And it only seems to be getting worse :(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 am

Could you talk to your GP or neuro~bod about this Tina??? With it being a known factor relating to epilepsy, FM, and meds, there might be something that can be done to help with it.

The more you dwell on it, the more it will add to how things are affecting you. I know it's far easier said than done as I've been in a similar place myself, but if you can find a way to relax a little and/or distract yourself from thinking about it, then hopefully you'll find that things aren't quite as intense for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia