Head pain (not headache)

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Head pain (not headache)

Postby Mrshank83 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:50 am

Hi, I'm having a few bad weeks of it lately, after months of hardly any problems at all. Feeling very disheartened :-( I've had pain all over, twitching muscles, feeling sick, hot and sweaty, ibs to name a few symptoms but the one that's bothering me the most is pains at the back of my head. These vary from burning, pressure, dull and shooting. I just want it to stop ;-(.
My hubby is great helping me but I just feel so useless, I'm 29 with two young children and I feel rubbish to them always having to rely on others when I'm at my worst. Does anybody else get these head symptoms I've described?

Thanks in advance
Katie xx
Mrshank83
UKFM Member

Re: Head pain (not headache)

Postby fedup2 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes i get all those symptoms including sharp pains in most of the pressure point of my head,i use a hot water bottle or ice pack for a bit of relief, some days the heat helps other days the cold helps. I also have IBS, & to many more symptoms to list.
Talk to your doctor & see if they can give any advise or a referral to someone who can help.
would write more but my wrist is hurting & my shoulder is going numb.
Gentle hugs,i hope you find something that works for you. :goodluck2:
fedup2
UKFM Newbie

Postby disco dancing kar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:43 pm

hi katie sorry having to put up with these heads,this is one of the main problems i get with fibro. like you it very frustrating,i get pains like electric shocks,and my whole back of head goes numb.i find its when i am just trying to get on with normal things.i am going to see a rhematolagist soon, as like you i just want to get on with life and have tryed all things to help myself,have had this for 3 years and m.e. for 27 years which i managed.hope feel better soon. take care karen.
disco dancing kar
UKFM Member

Postby king sugriva » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 am

Hello yes I get headaches nausea dizziness but the Headaches are strange I get steady headaches then I get the quick headaches its. Like getting hit inside the head by a mule it can last 30 second or a minute they dissipate quickly they come randomly for no apparent reason wether I'm happy or stressed I'm told these are just part of fibromyalgia as Is all over body pain to which I also get.There are many symptoms to fibromyalgia I am told and this is just some of them. For me meditation has helped both with the random headaches and other symptoms. :lol:
king sugriva
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia