Pain in mouth

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in mouth

Postby katz65 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello
I was wandering if anyone could tell me what the pains were like in the mouth?

I had a tooth taken out a couple of months ago & ever since then it feels like I have constant tooth ache but it is not just in one place, it is on the same side on top & bottom.
It really hurts like HELL & sometimes it feels like I have earache on the same side as the mouth pain when that is hurting, also the side of my neck hurts with it as well. The daft thing is if I chew gum it eases the pain a bit!! but I can't chew forever now!!
So is this what to expect of how it feels??

All my other symptoms came on mega strong to the stage of me having to see my doc, to find out what was wrong after I had had an operation, so I was thinking this about my mouth after the extraction of my tooth, probably silly to think like this.

(XXX)
katz65
UKFM Member

Re: Pain in mouth

Postby cal1164 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi,
I'm no expert. But it could well be a condition that runs along side fibro, called tmj. You can sometimes get this in your jaw. I've got fibro and also tmj, I know how painful this can be. I used a mouth guard that I got from my dentist and it's eased it to the point I don't notice it now till I yawn. I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes. X
cal1164
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain in mouth

Postby katz65 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you cal64
I will ask my Dentist as I go again soon. I do use a gum guard as well, had a few now over the last 7yrs & I wouldn't be without it now, I had worn my teeth down a little before I got one though & now I have used them I can see the damage I do to the guard & by heck its unbelievable!!
Again thank you for your response xx
katz65
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia