Skin peeling off from inside mouth.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Skin peeling off from inside mouth.

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi
For a few weeks now I have been getting skin falling off from the sides of my mouth, I do chew my mouth but this happens at times when I don't chew.
Sometimes I go to talk or yawn and the skin just falls onto my tongue, it has started to happen quite a lot and no idea what is causing it, I have always chewed my mouth so I know that has nothing to do with it.

Does anyone else get this?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Skin peeling off from inside mouth.

Postby StJude » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Yip I get this also. I was wondering if its a side effect of meds. Keep forgetting to ask Dr tho! What meds are you on? I'm taking Lyrica, amitriptyline, mirtazipine, morphine, paracetamol & propanalol. Been on same drugs for ages but have only been aware of this for last few months.
StJude
UKFM Newbie

Postby mrspeahen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:28 pm

This is something I suffer from, too, as well as mouth ulcers - the more I fight the disease, the more I get. Dr could not understand why and just raised his eyebrows - very helpful!! :yikes: It is very uncomfortable when eating something acidic, like tomatoes so I use a mouthwash called Eludril on prescription, or Difflam. :-| This gives some relief.
mrspeahen
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Thinking off hand shaz normally this is a sign of an auto immune disease.

So possibly could be linked to your chrones?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 pm

happened to me some time back earlier this year
never got to the problem of it
gone now
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 am

Think from all the answers Shaz the only thing is a trip to the docs, it could well be your meds or as Lisa says be related to your Crones, it sounds unpleasant, is it painful at all :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: only ask as if its to do with ulcers that normally stings a bit :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracey » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:35 am

I have this when my Crohn's flares up.
You need to use a mouthwash with chlorhexadine in it. Corsodyl has it in. Superdrug do an own brand one which is good & cheaper.
Good luck
Tracey
UKFM Newbie

Postby scoke » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 pm

I posted about this, last year I think. Managed to look back through other posts on same subject and someone had suggested toothpaste - changed my toothpaste and it stopped with no recurrence as yet - worth trying. The paste I was using was cinnamon flavour as mint tends to burn my mouth but my dental hygienist said that cinnamon is known for causing mouth peeling.
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Sorry Shaz, no suggestions from me I'm afraid :( :( :( It sounds absolutely awful :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Hope you can find out what is causing it and a way to stop it happening :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi
It could be connected to the crohns, :-? I must try to remember to mention it to my doc next time I see them.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:11 am

Oh I get this only in the last month or so. I haven't been on any new drugs and been on the same toothpaste for ages. It's really weird
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 pm

I have not changed any meds or toothpaste either and it has only been happening to me recently as we'll. very strange. Must remember to mention it to my gp. :-?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby scoke » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 pm

yes, I'd been using the toothpaste for months when it started to happen, on at least my third tube!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 am

Hi

I started with ulcers in my mouth and then severe reddening in my cheeks and skin was peeling away from my mouth. I have been put on steroids for Lupus but you could always look at Lichen Planus. Mine is auto immune where my body is attacking my immune system, please get medical advice for this as it does sound very similar to mine. Ps i also have crohn's disease and i thought it was that,that had spread into my mouth, but after many biopsies it has proved it isnt.

:goodluck2:
Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby caterpillar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:38 pm

See your dentist, I have oral lichen planus in my mouth and its not as bad as yours sounds but I do get sores a lot.
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia