Why...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Why...

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi Peeps,

Quick question...

Just had to rush back to our office as I had left my alarm ( something I currently have to carry everywhere with me due to having seizures which goes off if stationary too long ) on my desk.

After getting back in time ( walking at a relatively brisk pace ) I was fully expecting my legs and lower back to cause excruciating pain... But they just seem to ache... Instead its my upper arms that have gone into meltdown... I can barely move them or my shoulders o.O

How can walking quickly affect my arms more than my legs ? lol

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Why...

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Not a doc but could it be something to do with the way your blood is going around the body ? There was info recently about researchers in the USA that found some of the valves in our hands etc don't work the same as others and so it slows up the return rate of blood to some muscle groups, so they start behaving as if there is low oxegen hence the build up of lactic acid .

I hate that feeling of dead (arm/leg) it feels as if you have run a mile and there is a build up of lactic acid. Very achey and very sore way deep into the arm or leg.
I had really bad cramps/muscle knots in my neck recently but had a back /neck massage on Tuesday, boy was it sore and then when she had got rid of the knot I could almost feel the lactic acid running around my system. I was very sick, sore and dissy the next day.

Having a bath in Epsom salts sometimes helps , something to do with you having a lack of magnesium. If you bathe in the salts then the magnesium can get into your system through the skin.

Hope you feel better soon.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia