wrist and ankle pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wrist and ankle pain

Postby Wackers34 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:22 am

can fibro cause pain in our wrists and ankles? I don't get it all day long but sort of flashes of pain in these areas...I suppose a bit like shooting pains

Also upper abdominal pain - this is there a lot, but again its flashes...right under my rib cage

Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: wrist and ankle pain

Postby momabeareilene » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:28 pm

mine does hurt most of the time, even my fingers and toes hurt. Their is days that i can't do anything for hurting so bad.
momabeareilene
UKFM Newbie

Postby Panda58 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:15 pm

My fingers and toes hurt most of the time and one ankle also hurts I find rubbing Ibrofen gel in toes and ankle hope this helps x
Panda58
UKFM Member

Postby val1705 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:09 pm

I have pains in my wrists , thumb joints nearly all the time stabbing shooting pains also my ankles and toes especially big toe joints also one of my ankles keeps going over even when i bare footed like it just gives way
val1705
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 pm

You can get pain anywhere unfortunately hope you are feeling a bit better now :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 pm

I get pain in my wrists, thumb joints and ankles. It's worse at night but I now wear wrist supports to keep my wrist straight at night and it helps a bit. I also use a lavender-wheat bag which I can warm up in the microwave (don't leave them in for too long or you might risk burning your skin) and I leave it wrapped around the hurting wrists till it cools down.
I wonder if my pain is connected to raynaud's or if it's just part of the fibro package.

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Gentle hugs,
Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby SilverLainey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm

My Fibro pain started in my ankles :( however I have RSI problem with my right wrist/thumb so am never sure whether the pain is that or Fibro! :-?
SilverLainey
UKFM Newbie

Postby beckstar127 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:35 pm

I have stabbing pains in my collarbone...arm and wrist all on my left.
It feels like a constant ache then turns into pain.

Gentle hugs and hope u r feeling abit better

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:09 am

Yup fibro can cause pain anywhere. Having said that the pain under your ribs if its on the right side & worse when you eat it could be gall stones. I had them and then my gall bladder got infected and had to be removed as an emergency. If it is gallstones it will feel like someone shoving a hot spear under your right ribs. Made worse when you eat and agony if you eat fatty foods.
I guess it's tricky knowing when a new pain is just fibro and when it's something else we should be aware of.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:01 am

Well i had a bad night last night....my left arm and collarbone is and was throbbing....so took me ages to get to sleep.

I start a part time course today only 3 hours a week doing reflexology.... wish me luck.... :?

Gentle Hugs xx
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:55 am

Wackers34, I get very painful hands and anckles/feet. One of my Dr's said her mother swore by " Arnica gel" I got some and it works wonders for me. I also have lots of pain in knees, hips and lower back. It smells but works!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Beckstar
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuzyVB » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:31 pm

You can get arnica tablets from boots as well they are great
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Yep. I get very painful wrists and ankles. Most of my pain is in these joints. My hands have been causing a lot of problems recently. It gets so bad I have to take my wedding ring off and wear it on a chain. Like the other ladies said, use arnica gel. This helps but I haven't found anything that stops the pain all together. x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:56 pm

SuzyVB wrote:You can get arnica tablets from boots as well they are great

I have always used the gel... Arnica oil ingested is poisonous . I also read somewhere that it should not be used by someone with a heart condition and on high blood pressure Please correct me if I am wrong.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia