wrist and ankle pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: wrist and ankle pain

Postby seamonkey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:44 pm

I have a lot of apin in my legs and hip and pelvic, all kinds of pain and what keeps me going through the day is knowing at night time i wack my electric blanket on high and when i get in I have a very short lived but very welcome reprieve from the pain. Can be seconds or minutes but damn its worth it!. pain comes any time any where but is worse in these areas.
seamonkey
UKFM Member

Postby treading water » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:40 am

I get loads of pain in ankles and hands....thumb joints in particular. Rheumatologist told me that you are not supposed to get it in the hands but I disagree. They cannot, at this point, find any reason why this pain is happening. I have had cortisone shots into my thumb joints and it hasn't made any difference. Excuse the pun, but I think they are stabbing in the dark! :roll:
treading water
UKFM Newbie

Postby binty » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29 am

I have had problems with my wrist for along time now. I also get tingling in my fingers and loss of sensation. I feel it more when it is cold or wet. My ankles have only recently started to hurt and my toes feel so stiff and occasionally i also get numbness in them.
binty
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:31 am

whoami wrote:
SuzyVB wrote:You can get arnica tablets from boots as well they are great

I have always used the gel... Arnica oil ingested is poisonous . I also read somewhere that it should not be used by someone with a heart condition and on high blood pressure Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't mean injest the oil. You can buy arnica tablets from chemists. I buy mine in boots
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi again,
Just read the first post again and it says pain right under your rib cage.

It just hit me that this is where I had pain from my gallbladder when I had stones. It was on the right side. I'm not saying it's what you have. Just my story and something not always thought of with Fibro as we get so much pain everywhere. :roll: I got this pain after food or in the middle of the night. Made me get up and I just had to walk around till painkillers kicked in.

Wrt wrist pain, I've bought some arthritis gloves which I now wear during the day. They keep my hands warm and the compression does help a bit.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:59 am

Hi....
My left side of my body seems to be really effected by my fibro... my left collarbone...shoulder...wrist.... arm...foot all ache.... doctor is sending me physio for my collarbone after having a xray and a ultra sound on it.

Its gettin me down cus of the constant aching [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 am

SuzyVB wrote:
whoami wrote:
SuzyVB wrote:You can get arnica tablets from boots as well they are great

I have always used the gel... Arnica oil ingested is poisonous . I also read somewhere that it should not be used by someone with a heart condition and on high blood pressure Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't mean injest the oil. You can buy arnica tablets from chemists. I buy mine in boots

I will have to look and see if we sell tablets here. I have not seen them here or when we have shopped in the US. I look for Arnica everywhere we go, LOl. I am glad you mentioned tablets. Thanks!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby beckstar127 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 pm

:( :( well ive had wrist ache for about a week now where it hurts to even pick stuff up without really bad pain and having to put it down. im struggling to be honestly has im a reflexoligist. :-? :-?
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia