Back/Rib pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back/Rib pain

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:40 pm

I've suffered with Costochondritis several times before, but the last week or so, my ribs are hurting round the back, a few inches from where they join the spine. It's mildly painful most of the time but when I put any sort of pressure on the area it is agony, especially on the right hand side. Has anyone else experienced pain in that area? Do you think that it could possibly be Costochondritis or does that only affect the ribs at the front near the sternum?
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Back/Rib pain

Postby shortnsweet54 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi,
i've not been diagnosed with costo...oh it's all fibro said doc, but i know i've got it. i had crippling rib pain for over 6 months last winter and it's still hanging about. mine was in the sides and back, well virtually all my rib cage, and was total agony trying to lay down, sit comfy, i couldn't take a deep breath and had difficulty breathing as ribs were literally frozen. I really got to the point i was struggling to cope.

I eventually went to a rheumy in May and she did lots of pressure tests, when she came to my ribs she just said oh poor you you're hurting everywhere...didn't think to get a diagnosis then the next 2 appts were with locums..next appt with the origional one i'll ask in all innocence what the pain was and see what they say.

hope you get some relief
Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Re: Back/Rib pain

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:28 pm

I suffer with costo really badly have done now for many years.

The pain does radiate round to the back. Its like constantly carrying someone on your side.

My is all right sided and i put this down to the theory that i am right handed and so i use this side more then the other pulling the muscles and working them more.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia