arms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

arms

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:31 pm

hi all. i know alot of ppl have probs with there arms and dropping things,but lately my arms really hurt and i have real probs picking my little one up.the pain shoots up my arms and in the morning there dead heavy,im only on Tramadol and paracetamol im not sure weather to see the dr or if its a waste of time. i also went to look at a house today we been waiting for two years.the stairs were a killer. and it took me forever to get down .and im wondering if i should ask the dr for a letter and see if i can get a bungalow or something without stairs do u think it will help. and why do they strip the house out .ok i get carpets maybe but oven everything . u meant to have the money to buy the lot
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: arms

Postby denys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:35 pm

It wouldnt hurt to talk to your GP, there may be something else going on. As for getting letters, why not again if your doc is behind you it cant hurt to have evidence of your care needs.

Unfortunately people tend to put their own white goods in and take them with them when they move, you could try social services explaining you dont have the money for the essentials and they may be able to help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby latmaz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:18 am

i have Rsi/Tennis elbow in both arms which is very painful. my elbows ache in the mornings (well most of the day actually) and if i lift i get shooting pains in my forearms which are excruciating. if this sounds like yours i would go see the Doc straight away as it only gets worse if u dont do something

i have some splints/straps which help a bit so u could try them (i get mine in poundland). its hard when u have a little one to lift but try and avoid it as much as u can as keep stressing the arms make it worse

good luck
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 pm

hi PP1

you waited two years, waiting a little bit longer for an accommoation which suits your needs sound more reasonable to me and a letter from your GP (and maybe some docs you got back from ESA, DLA or whatever you applied for) will help you
think long term
keep in mind that if you decide to take that one you would have to tackle the stairs on a daily basis
don't trap yourself in an accommodation just to stop waiting
sooner or later you might wish you never had moved in the first place and then you would have to move again
I would suggest: keep the stress level as low as possible

regards splinters/supports
the one's from the poundshops are flimpsy
went to physio some years back (long story) and my GP had written a prescription for me that physio should supply me with some
they are really good and strong

also got some from the internet (when fed up with begging for them etc)

check out;

Two Piece Short Wrist Brace :: Sports Supports | Mobility ...
The Two Piece Short Wrist Brace is suitable for a range of conditions and can be ordered from healthandcare.co.uk for Fast Free UK Delivery

www.healthandcare.co.uk/wrist-supports/ ... brace.html

they are fastened on the other side with three strong velcro straps to adjust to your needs
they have a metal bar pushed up between the two layers of fabric to avoid you bending your wrists
they last years and still look good and propper

always ask your phisio, GP or pharmacist regards how often etc to use them to avoid overuse; in other words: don't use them constantly, use them as what they are, as supports when needed
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia