Just diagnosed

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just diagnosed

Postby Ashton » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi
A diagnosis at last .taken a year,think I've been lucky.
A year ago dr said my thyroid was out .i was tested and came back auto immune thyroid disease.put on levothyroine.3weeks later taken by ambulance from work as my heart was racing.off work for 3 weeks.changed to eltroxine and no side effects which is fab but never felt better.gp said I don't know why you feel so bad your thyroid levels are not that bad.i felt like a fraud.after returning to drs sobbing and begging for help saw a endrocrinolgest he refered me to a rheumatologist and finally on Monday answers I have fibro and cfs.after feeling relived that I am believed now I'm in denial and tearing around trying to be the person I was before.guess what it doesn't work have completely crashed with exhustion.lol .guess I have a lot to learn about how to cope.hopeing for some helpfull advise.
Ashton
UKFM Member

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:23 pm

hi hunnie , this is a great place for help and support. or even to let of stream .its a very long road to find what works for us , getting a good understanding dr is a good start . and as your learning rest when u need to as your only pay for it later. as your dr about painkillers,and if like me u never tried them before come on here and ask see what everyone else thinks . just remember what works for one may not work for u .i find starting the day with a hot shower helps me alot xxxxxwelcome to the site :-)
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Ashton » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks am so glad I found this forum.showers work for me to but by the time I am dressed am exausted.any advice welcome has anyone tried yoga?does it help.thanks again glad to know I'm not alone
Ashton
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :teddy-bear: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi Ashton,

Could you maybe try a bath instead of a shower? Or maybe a small chair for a shower? I sometimes use one when I feel really bad and I find that it helps a bit with not being completely exhausted after a shower. (had to stop in the middle sometimes before)

I hope you'll get all the support you need to feel better and find (new) ways to help your body.

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:55 pm

hi Ashton , welcome , hope your feeling good today. im sure your well find lots of surport here and that can be as good as any med u take xx :-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia