Tingling, numbness etc

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tingling, numbness etc

Postby Purpledot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Does anyone have major problems with tingling and numbness? I have had tingling/numbness in my arms and legs for a few weeks now. This is really horrible, and becomes painful at night. My right leg is so bad that I am now struggling to walk properly. I have also had intermitten tingling/numbness in my head, face, jaw etc.

I have quite a few other 'weird' things going on.......'vibrating' feelings in muscles, feeling like I'm walking on broken glass, blurred vision (confirmed by optician that this is not caused by my eyes).

My GP is a complete waste of space at the moment as he says that none of my symptoms make any sense and he is just fobbing me off until I see a Neurologist in September (following an abnormal brain MRI).

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else had any of these symptoms.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Tingling, numbness etc

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:41 pm

hi purpledot

september is around the corner, still

could you ring the neuro and ask if there are cancellations? people do cancel and if you call every morning you might be lucky

if you get really bad and concerned please go to A&E, esp with your leg not being able to walk and the blurred vision,
this is definitely not normal
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby scoke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Think there have been other posts about this and it's something I get sometimes - last night I hardly slept as I was frequently woken by the numbness/tingling in my arms. Usually get this sensation at night but occasionally in day - elbow to little finger is common in the day, as is my left foot and lower leg - often when I'm driving - and I seem to remember when this was discussed before that many others had it too. Still, you should see someone ASAP
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 pm

its something I get fairly frequently arms finger tips toes etc i often get a numb lip or tounge in the morning or late at night ..almost like its :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ..and it does affect my speech if its bad
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 pm

hi i get tingling and numbness in my face and also in my hands and feet never all at the same time tho ,dr not sure what it is?
ive had a couple of mri head scans and no explanation given .I put it down to fibro although still need to get it check out
difly
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:33 pm

I get tingling in my arms hip and lower back always on my left side...
My leg goes numb. I do struggle to write most of the time has my hands shakes like i have trapped a nerve.

I have had a epidurul.... cortazone injections....physio classes and none of it helps.... it made my siacticia worse.

I find swimming helps take the pressure off

Gentle Hugs xx
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi There
Yep, I get tingling/numbness as well....I just thought to myself the other day.... god... what else does this Fibromyalgia
give you:)) the list just seems never ending!! My neurologist said to me that they could give me a brain scan, but they also
went on to say that most of the time the scan can bring up things that wont make any difference, in other words, a scan
can flag up things that you have had there all your life... so it just give you something else to worry about... so I haven't
had one. I think that going by the number of people I know who have Fibro, most of them get the tingling and numbness
in hands fingers, arms and feet..... so rest assure you are not alone :-)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Definitely not alone, arms, hands and some times feet :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Plenty of tingling and numbness here as well.....hands and arms, right side of face when a migraine is lurking, and feet as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:32 pm

As someone mentioned in an earlier reply that you should try peppermint oil. I thought I'd say do NOT apply it directly to the skin it can cause a reaction and also it will just have a cooling effect so won't help the numbness.
I get the pins & needles, restless legs & numbness. My hands are the worst I can pick a roasting tin directly out of the oven without realising I'm burning my skin. So I have to be very careful. My GP said this is more likely to be my ME than my fibro
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:43 am

Im in absolute agony atm.all the joints in my left arm r killing me

.i just want to go sleel

Gentle Hugs xx
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 am

Hi im in agony again. Collarbone and shoulder is constantly aching. And my left wrist.... sick of being in constant pain

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia