Does anyone just have FM?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone just have FM?

Postby carena » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi all,
I would like to know if there is anyone that doesn't have other illnesses just FM?

Since being diagnosed with FM I have also been diagnosed with many other illnesses and it's sounds to me as if others have too.

I guess what I'm trying to find out is is it possible to have FM without other health problems.
Carena x
carena
UKFM Newbie

Re: Does anyone just have FM?

Postby lesbre64 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 pm

hi carena

i have other illnesses too :cry: :( but fibro does have a lot of symptoms too x
:yikes:
lesbre64
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolo73 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 pm

FMS is a collection of symptoms, so you will have loads of different elements to you FMS, for most it will be pain and fatigue with a collection of other things like depression, sensory overload, fibro fog, IBS,low vit D levels, sensitivity to weather etc, (sorry my fibro fog has kicked in). Other than related to FMS I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which I believe is common in FMS for some reason, but not alot else, or should I say that is enough x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi carena,

I have been diagnosed with other illnesses too but it seems to me that some of the problems could be there because I have fibromyalgia (for example, IBS, depression). My body is a lot more sensitive than what it used to be.

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby mrslucy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:32 am

Hi...I was diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (now affected throughout the whole of my body) and diagnosed with FM 3 years ago, although my GP thinks I FM it for a few years before diagnosis. With RSD, fibro often follows on from it, although I didn't know at the time, it was only through researching both on 'tinternet that I discovered this. Since December '12 I have been most unwell, having given up on my 2 local hospitals who said they could find nothing wrong with me, I used the Patients Charter & have gone to one 100 miles away because it has been recognised as one of the best in the country. Lots of tests (which were done at my local hospitals as well ~ Morecambe Bay Health Authority!!!) and it has been confirmed I have a Hiatal Hernia & gallstones, I am now on the waiting list to have my gall bladder removed. If only my local could have diagnosed this it would have saved me from a lot of pain & discomfort ~ my point to all this is, that I am convinced that the FM has effectively caused my body to malfunction & stop 'working'. I have also developed IBS, GORD & definitely suffer fog brain as well as mild depression (I am determined FM will not beat me I will beat it! :-D) as well as the main components of FM pain more pain, fatigue, sometimes I feel as if a steam roller has run over me! Research does say that a lot of other illnesses do follow on from FB
mrslucy
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 am

so far its just fibro. sure i got other little things but as dr tells me most things come from my fibro. i dont really want anything else ty lol
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby cnedra73 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm

I am commonly informed by all the doctors I go to about any of the symptoms of anything that is wrong with me that it is probably connected to my firbo & that is the reason they can't find anything. I believe as my doctor does everything should not be written off as fibro. My memory problem has been realised to be an actual memory problem not just fibro fog. Always check it out & if you are not happy & feel you are being fobbed off ask for 2nd & 3rd opinions
cnedra73
UKFM Member

Postby Bilko » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I gather from recent research that the fibro lowers your auto immune system making you more susceptible to other things for me it all started with angina attacks and then led onwards into heart and vascular conditions and then arthritis followed by ibs, cfs ander other bits & bobs. My doc does reckon that they are all associated with the fibro but also treated as individual separate condition. Just hope that the NHS will get their finger out and start having one stop fibro clinics (itwould save them a fortune).

Living in hope

Bilko
Bilko
UKFM Newbie

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Just fibro here, nothing else wrong with me
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby pamh » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I also have lots of other things, like IBS, sleep disorder, fibro fog, migrains, tonsillitis, etc. but I think when you have FMS doctors are all too quick to say that anything you suffer from is caused but the fibro and are less likely to carry out tests or take other symptoms seriously. This has been the case for me anyway. We recently have a new doctor at our surgery and she is brilliant. I actually feel that someone is listening to me again and can see past the fibro.

Pam
pamh
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia