Struggling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Struggling

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 am

Well our Florida holiday has finally arrived...this is day 4 and I'm really struggling. I just hurt everywhere. I'm trying to keep a brave face on for the rest of the family but I honestly don't know how I'm going to last another 13 days. There will be a lot of paracetamol and ibuprofen taken today!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Struggling

Postby clubsound4 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi, I can sympathise with you, we went to Florida 4 years ago and I wasn't diagnosed then, but I just took my time and also found booking a buggy helped as less walking,still had a reasonable time x
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Sorry to hear your holiday isn't quite the dream that you were hoping for :( :( Have you thought about finding a pharmacist where you're staying to see if there is something stronger that you could buy otc than your current paracetamol and ibuprofen combo??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:38 am

Hope it improves and you enjoy the break
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

sorry,

I know it is not ideal but have you thought about pausing for 1 day
let the family do their thing from dusk til dawn, from swinging their leg out of bed in the morn and back in the night, and you just relax and don't care for nothing, maybe go for a little stroll, just one day for you and your pace and to recover better from the journey
a propper day off, where you don't think about anything including food for your lot
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby frances A » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 pm

yes- its me again- & I don't know if I am having a moan or screaming with frustration ? ! having a few 'off' days- but hey- I can cope with them- walkings not too good,balance a bit wobbly but I can manage! And then today- went on a bus with mate, fairly full, so headed for the back seats, you know- the ones with the high step up- and I couldn't get up onto the seat! So I guess ' struggling ' just about covered it. :cry:
frances A
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia