spider season

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

spider season

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:33 pm

yep there cutting the corn and that mean spiders . now i used to keep Tarantulas but i cant stand them big black fast blimming things.
more to the point my mother is scared to death so i had an idea thought id share, now if like me u cant stand the idea of shutting the windows at night as its sooooo hot , but dont like the idea of waking up with a friend on your pillow then try this. get some clear tape and put it around the frame making sure that most of it is sticking over the open window frame. then again do the same but stick the next lot over the first.so u have a clear tape frame of tape . u can shut the window if u do it right, i do hope i have explained this ok . the idea is anything trying to get ibn will stick its leg in the tape and not like the feel and wont come in.spiders or great so i dont want to kill them but at the same time i dont want to share my bedroom with them .hugs sleep well all. :lol:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: spider season

Postby Karou » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Omg brilliant idea! We get quite a lot of those huge brown fast things that attack anything in sight, even me in socks. I was gently tapping the floor hoping it would go away but no, it came running towards me. :shock:

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna get some tape. I've tried the fan but even though it's not very loud I know it's there.

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: spider season

Postby bestnan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 am

A spider expert gave me this advice once. If you blow at a spider it will run away from you. They are cowards at heart. I like the idea of the tape so I may give it a go. Mine come in from the attic I think. Can't stand the little buggers but I can manage to get them into a long glass with a top on and throw them outside!!!!!!
bestnan
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia