I Just can't do it!........ WHY????

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I Just can't do it!........ WHY????

Postby kazisedso » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi everyone.

Over the last couple of weeks, i have had a little 'remission' from the aches and pains and tiredness.
The pain has not gone completely, but i felt i was managing it all quite well.
Today, for the first time in i don't know how long, i actually drove the car and attempted a shopping trip with my 11 yr old son for help and support :-)
DS was fantastic, and helped me no end... was really glad he was there.

Have got home, but my left knee is in agony, as well as my left ankle... it keeps giving way on me :shock:
trouble is, my left side is my best side, my supporting side if you like, cos i get really bad pains in my right side, soooooooo,i am in a bit of a mess now :(

i was pleased as punch that i managed this little outing... but omg! am i paying for it now :cry:

The pain in my knee is really,really,bad..... i can't put all the shopping away,i have tried twice now to attempt to put it away but i can't.....too tired and exhausted and the blooming pain :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry: well..... you can probably imagine.

i thought i was doing so well too & wanted to impress my husband( who has popped out for a while) by being a little more self-sufficient.... it's not going to happen :-x :cry:

I have gone back to being really angry and frustrated at myself because i can't do these 'simple' things.
i just want to go back to bed right now.... but the house is a complete mess and my DD is coming over with my baby grandson in a short while....it's going to have to stay a mess i just cannot do it.... iv tried and the pain and aching is too much.

Fibro...... you had me fooled.... i thought we were being nice to one another.... but... no......you have come back to get me and you have got me good :cry: :cry:

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: I Just can't do it!........ WHY????

Postby fedup2 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

I know how you feel,i have plantar fasciitis in both feet,plus serious ankle pain in my left ankle & pain in my right knee,some mornings i feel my leg will give way as i have pain in my hip as well,

If i go shopping i darn't carry anything i have to have someone with me,& housework is having to be done by the rest of the family because of back pain all over.

I get numbness in my arms hands & shoulder,some days i get stressed & angry,i also get morning headaches,when bad i'm in bed & miss a whole day,sometimes it's a migraine.

I just deal with it day to day as getting upset & angry causes a really bad flare up,it has got to the point where i am trying to accept it,i can't change it so no point in stressing to much,i'm just grateful it isn't worse because it could be.

I suppose it's been a bit like a bereavement, i was only diagnosed a few months back but have been living with it undiagnosed for nearly 20 years so knowing i'm not useless without good reason has helped a bit.

All i can do is do what i can & accept what i can't,my family don't know the complete extent of it but know enough to be supportive & helpful, i have now learnt it isn't weakness or something to be guilty about & i accept their help & let them know i'm grateful.
I hope you to will come to accept what you can do & also accept help without feeling weak or guilty.

This isn't something any of us want but it is something we all have to learn to live with somehow.Talk to your doctor & see if they can give you anything to help a bit.My partner is actually grateful that i ask for help as he says he feels helpless.
:goodluck2: & gentle ((((( Hugs )))))
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
fedup2
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 pm

in my mind/awareness I don't think that I am as disabled as I am
(same with that I don't think I am as big as I am and surprised when I look in the mirror, not that I am really big)
it takes still a lot of time to settle in and to "just let go and live in a tip"

I try to put it in perspective by telling me (in order that I don't get frustrated):

PLEASE ONLY READ ON IF YOU CAN TAKE SOME CRUEL SENARIO,
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
IT IS MY WAY TO KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
I'M SORRY FOR HAVING UPSET ANYONE WHO CARRIES ON READING

I have no energy to have a bath more than once a week,
still there are people on this earth who have to watch their lifestock die of thurst

I flush my toilet with clean drinking water,
still there are people, especially children who have to go each day many miles to fetch some dirty brown water risking to be raped etc

who am I?
I think I am still blessed with my load to carry
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 pm

It's happened to pretty much all of us at some point Karen, so you're in good company :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: It's because FM likes to lull us into a false sense of security by letting us think that we're starting to get to grips with it, and just when we're starting to feel a bit more settled about things..........................it comes back and bites you in the :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: big style :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1:

When things are feeling a little better it's all too easy to think that you're just doing something that won't cause you any additional problems, but sometimes what seems to be just a small thing to do can turn out to be far too much. That's why one of the things you often see mentioned is the importance of working with your capabilities and limits, esp during those precious times where things don't feel too bad for you. It doesn't take an awful lot extra to make you fall off the cliff and down into Flare~Up Ville.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 pm

I agree with Flup have a good :scream-1: :scream-1: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: but dont blame yourself, you managed really well so dont beat yourself up, you will get other days when you can manage again and if you pace then maybe the pay back wont be as crippling

Be proud that you managed to do what you did and move on

Lu you didnt offend me
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

Lu, no upset or offending for me either, and I think you're quite right. With all the tragedy and despair there is across the world, it is very easy to get caught up in it and forget about the pleasures and positives we all still have, no matter how small they may be. It still happens to me, even after all these years, and it tends to be something that others may regard as insignificant or silly that reminds me of how fortunate I am to have my life, even with FM and its friends as my constant companions :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

i think the worse bit is the less u move the move painful it is when u do. and moving itself is hard enough. there's no good trying to do such a big thing all at once love , set little goal first . a walk down the garden dead head some flowers .or a but of light dusting little things . just to get u moving more u will feel just as pleased with yourself doing little things.work your way up to going out ,and when u do go out dont go shopping just go out to start with xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia