struggling!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

struggling!!

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:01 am

Ok so I am ranting on again! Sorry!! :yikes:

I am srtuggling this week, kids back to school which is good in a way as they were getting bored & non stop fighting...

But now I am struggling to do the short walk to school & back!!

I was close to tears this morning on the way home as my legs/feet/back were so bloody sore & I thought my leg was going to give way - Dont know what is up with my left leg, just lately have been getting shooting pains down it & a stabbing feeling in my hip. Even my butt cheek muscles are aching!! :shock: :crazy:

Just trying to chill out now, ignoring the housework (which I dont find easy as I cant stand mess)!! I just feel so useless & am really freaking out with the thought that this is gonna be my life forever!! :(

Will have to go and get him later & just the thought is making me shattered!!! Not really got anyone to help either so I have to do it myself! Its only a 5 min walk...well it was its more like 15 now!!

Argh Im just so frustrated with everything!! :( :( xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: struggling!!

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:27 am

sounds like Sciatica love, i have it bloody painful.not alot u can do what meds are u on i no amatripoline helps alot with that as its a nerve drug. sitting funny or laying one way to long can all start it off.if i were u id go see your dr if it still feels bad after the weekend xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby lindalou » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:30 am

i get the same symptoms and on the rare occassion i have to go pick up my grandaughter i do have my mobility scooter or i would manage i have heard that magnesium and vit d is helping some people so was thinking of trying it i,m on gabapentin co codomol and citalapram and various other meds i have arthritis spndolitis and diverticular disease as well as fibro and i have been feeling really bad lately with my feet sweats and dizziness so i can sympothise i rub ibruprofen gel on my feet it helps for short walks :roll:
lindalou
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks for replying pain princess :-D

I am on amitriptyline, just went up from 50mg to 75 last week, tramadol 50mg 2- 4 x a day,(also since last week which is instead of solpadol, which just want cutting it), ibprophen & sertraline 100mg...

I did mention it to the doctor & he said it sounded like nerves so upped the amitriptyline, am waiting on pain clinic app so he said the physio there should hopefuly help..

Agh its horrible! What do you do for it?? xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:53 am

That hip pain you describe is my constant companion, has been for about 2 years. Only time it disappeared was when I had an appointment with the physio :facepalm: . Most days it's annoying, other days it's really bad, and occasionally I wonder if my legs will just give way. Been checked out for all sorts of things including having hip X-rays - nothing wrong. I can stand on that leg and raise my other leg in the air, I can put my hands palm flat on the floor, I can run for a bus, I can do stretches and leg raises. None of these things apparently should be possible if it were sciatica or an injury. So it's the FM, and I just grin and bear it. On really bad days I feed it painkillers.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby carena » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:58 pm

I am so sorry to hear your in this much pain honey, I know the feeling well. I was told it's all part of FM by my GP.
Good luck at the pain clinic.
Love Carena x
carena
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:16 pm

It could be that you need to give the amis a bit longer for the increased dosage to take effect on things. Also, with Tramadol, you can take paracetamol alongside it, providing you're not already taking other meds that containing it. Altho just how paracetamol works isn't fully understood, it is known to help augment the effects of certain meds, incl Tramadol. It might be worth talking to your GP or pharmacist about it to make see if might be suitable for you to add to things to see if it helps with how you're feeling.

WRT supplements such as magnesium and Vit D and any other supplements, it might be worth having your levels checked if you're considering taking any as having high levels of certain ones in the body can be toxic.

For the pain in your hip, it might be worth keeping a diary with symptoms, pain levels, ways it affects/impacts on a daily basis etc then see your GP if the changes in meds don't seem to help. It would help with giving an overall picture of things which could help with finding out if it is FM~related or due to something else.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:32 pm

hi,

first I wasn't convinced mentally that paracytamol (from the supermarked :?: ) could be any good
but in combination with the tramadol, don't know why and what is happening, there is something in that combo
I start my day usually with 1 or 2 paracytamols and then see how it goes

regards picking up from school, could you leave earlier and rest in front of the school for a bit??
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm

what do i do well same as u really i have Tramadol and paracetamol and just started back on the ametripoline. but they make me soooo tired .atm it more in the arm s then legs i feel sometimes like im hips and shoulders or in vice xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:14 pm

painprincess1 wrote:......i have Tramadol and paracetamol and just started back on the ametripoline. but they make me soooo tired .

Have you thought about speaking to your GP about swapping from Amitriptyline to Nortriptyline??? It is a sister med to Amitriptyline that is said to have fewer side effects and be better tolerated. When I was on amis they left me feeling like a zombie, regardless of the time I took them before going to bed. Swapping to Nortriptyline made a real difference to my zombification levels whilst still providing the same sort of benefits.

Just something to consider that might help make things a little easier for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Faith12 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm

I have agoraphobia and when it was really bad I asked the headmistress if there were any parents who could help me get my daughter to school. I found them all very understanding and helpful.
Faith12
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Ouchiemama, hope you are feeling a bit better today. School runs are the bain of everyones life ,even if you are fit and well .

Not sure what class your little one is in but as Faith suggested could you get any of the other mummy mafia to help out. ( a proper mummy mafia is a dangerous animal , you learn so much about your offspring :lol: :lol: )

If you live a 5 -15 min walk to the school are there any of his little friend that are within that distance. You and the other mums could come to some arrangement where by one of you pick up someone elses child and take them to school with your own child and then they do the same for you,you can either have a rota or be more easy going although that does hve its pitfalls . Either way everyones a winner, if you aren't feeling well on a particular day I'm sure that someone else will be only to glad to help out. its a good way of meeting new friends as well .
It worked well for me when my youngest was little ,it was before FM but I worked P/T getting to school was no difficulty getting to pick her up from the bus stop did tend to have problems . It was tight at the best of times but if the phone went as I tried to leave my desk or the boss wanted something half an hour before my leaving it was always a problem . All the other bus stop mums agreed that they would take each others children if the mum wasn't there, one would then wait with child until mum arrived . Kids loved it as they got extra time with thier bus buddies and we had to let the school know about the arrangement as the bus supervisor didn't want to just hand over someone elses child but it worked well for many years.
Glad to say both youngest and I are still friendly with one of the mums and her child .

Take care , take it easy and try and pace ( get friendly with your mess :lol: rather than tidy up )
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Thank you all for replying :-D

Ism Im not really on that sort of terms with any of the mums! Tbh I just cant face chatting & usually stand well back & keep myself to myself! Not like me as I am normally chatty but with this year of hell I have been going through seems to have changed me! Should really try & make more of an effort to be sociable...maybe...sometime... soon...

Will try adding paracetemol in & see how that goes.

Have to say I am getting slightly better with a little bit of a mess, but thats because the fatigue/pain is taking its toll!! :cry:

Have wondered if I should make the teachers aware of whats going on as I felt really bad last year not going in to open afternoons & things like that!

Anyway, thanks again for replies lovelies xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Wouldnt hurt to let the school know at least they are aware should anything happen
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Agree with Denys let the school know then if you are a little late in picking your little one up they will know why. It might then mean they make appointments etc at times that suit you better. Eg I can't do morning appointments as I am usually totally out of it in the morning.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia