Help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help

Postby Nadia1973 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:42 pm

I have Fibro; Osteo-Arthritis; Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy; Anxiety and Depression, and I am wheelchair bound.

I need help as my husband is my carer full time but he had a serious heart attack on August 1st whilst we were on holiday in Cornwall. The hospital there was great the staff were so helpful and he was able to come home on August 5th.

I feel so guilty that I can't help more a round the house because he is meant to be taking it easy but he is still caring for me due to various conditions with the help of my 16 year old daughter.

He understands my conditions as he has been there since they started. We have contacted OT's on August 6th but still waiting for anything from them, we have also contacted the local carers group but they weren't much help either. I have a key worker due to y depression and they have tried to get the OT's to help but they are having no luck either.

He first appointment at our local hospital isn't until September 27th, which I have been told is ridiculous as he needs help and guidance now.

Can anyone offer anyother ideas as to what we can do to get help???? :?: :fingerscrossed:
Nadia1973
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help

Postby denys » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Nadia and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: so sorry to hear about your husband but would suggest the first place to start is with your GP, they can rush referrals through and should be able to get you more immediate help.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mrslucy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi Nadia...I was so sorry to read your post, I too have osteoarthritis, FM, RSD + other stuff associated with both complaints.
I too would see your GP who should be able to help you get some help both re your husband & yourself. It sounds as if you might be able to get some home care via your GP / Social Services.
How about joining a local FM support group in your area? Also if you gave your rough location perhaps someone might read your post on here & offer help...even if its only a listening ear!

I have had RSD since 2001 & at first was very reluctant to ask family & friends for help, but have learnt just how daft that was/is, family & friends do want to help, so just ask, the more you ask the more help you might get. I was in denial for quite a few years re the FM as I was still coming to terms with the RSD and on reflection I was so silly to do that as I am sure it made me much worse!
Nowadays if I am not well I just do the essentials around the house and leave the rest to do another day. I never thought I would leave the dust for several days as I was manic about cleaning but as long as the kitchen & loo are clean & there is food in the fridge & store cupboard I just leave everything else!!! :-D

Hope this helps, take care of yourself

Sue
mrslucy
UKFM Newbie

Postby djclall » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Just an idea but when i needed help i made a self referral to social services. Maybe worth a try. Just remember to inform your GP and OT. Good luck. Hope your hubby starts to feel better soon. xx
djclall
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Nadia and :welcome: to our FibroFamily. Sorry to hear what both you and your hubby are up against at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I can't think of any more suggestions to add to the ones you've already been given I'm afraid, but I can add a few extra hopes and wishes for you both getting some help very soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nadia1973 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks you all for your welcome and suggestions, I have spoken to GP and she has tried to help but faced the same problems as me. PALS from Walsall Manor Hospital are on the case as well. :-D

I am talking to Social Services later so I will let you know what they say ;-)
Nadia1973
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia