Do i tell my dr?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do i tell my dr?

Postby Bellatr1x » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 am

Hi

I posted on here a couple if days ago because i was feeling so low after being told on friday i have fibro.

Now that i have been on some sites and looked at symptoms etc, i obviously doubt I have every symptom but i do have a lot, like restless legs, constant pain that if i do too much etc it gets worse. The fibro fog is like going to the fridge 3 times for milk and forgetting why i was there and clumsiness like dropping things.

Exhaustion, difficaulty writing as my hands wrists and arms ache. Feeling hot all time ans sweating and tinnitus.

Obviously its only since i read about the symptoms that ive put two and two together. Some days the pain is so bad i cant move at all and other days i feel up to doing some housework etc but then it killd me for the afternoon

The question i am asking is do i tell my doctor all of this? Do i tell her that some days are such a struggle and that some days are ok? What if she doesnt believe me ? I mean she is the one that diagnosed me, i had never heard of fibro until friday.

Sorry but this is all so knew to me xx
Last edited by *Lisa* on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited spelling and punctuation for a clearer read and split into paragraphs
Bellatr1x
UKFM Member

Re: Do i tell my dr?

Postby clubsound4 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi welcome to the club , tell your doctor everything although Im sure they will already know and ask what the next step is ie pain relief,further tests or being referred to pain management clinic etc its goodto chat x :-)
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby SilverLainey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi

I would tell the doctor as much as you can, this way it should all be added to your 'notes'.

When I was back and forth to the doctors before being refered to the hospital, on one occasion my GP said that she didn't have the fatigue down on my notes. Well since that and the pain were the main symptoms I'm sure she was wrong! Prior to diagnosis you have to have had the symptoms for six months to count (apparently), so at the time I was fuming. :evil:

Since you have your diagnosis now this won't happen to you but it could to others who also believe their doc will think them to be a hypochondriac!

Elaine
x
SilverLainey
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Bella, if you can, try to keep your spell checker/auto corrector on all the time as it helps with making things a bit easier to read and understand when you post, as well as meaning that someone doesn't need to go in to edit things to make it easier for everyone to read. A good number of us tend to have the spell checker/auto~corrector on all the time to help with this.

When I have something new develop, or something change in some way, I always make sure I tell my GP about it. That way, if something else changes because of it, it is on record as to when it could have started/what was happening around the time etc.

Maybe over a period of time so that it hopefully doesn't cause you too much discomfort, you could compile some detals of things that are particularly troublesome/worrying that you could give to your GP to form part of your file, as well as keeping a copy for yourself, ideally dated, so that you can go back to it when/if things change in anyway to see how long it is between them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 am

if your dr told u its fibro she will no your feeling rotten love.but always tell her so she can write everything down to keep an eye on you. read up on what whats with fibro. then if you feel something new your wont be scared , thing is u can feel so many little things big things and all between that u will get used to it.things will take time, and getting used to new meds can make it all abit to much. but u will soon get in your own routine and we are always here to help anyway we can u will find everyone lovely and theres always a mod in here who will reply to you if noone else does.hugss xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia