useless foggy brain and worried about prescription

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

useless foggy brain and worried about prescription

Postby Karou » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi,

I've put this in here because it's not directly about how meds work, more about me being ridiculously forgetful. :(

After a nice bank holiday at a friend's place near the beach I felt a bit recharged. Then prepared for being home alone because housemates are on holiday. I thought all was going well and I didn't freak out but I just realised that I'm running extremely low on meds. Only got enough for 2 days. My GP left the surgery and the others don't really know me. Need to discuss the increasing pain in hips and lower back and some other things. I will try to get an appointment tomorrow or Friday but because lots of other people will do the same there's no guarantee.

Putting a form in means I'd have to wait until Monday and I'd have to prepare for an hour of travelling twice. Not feeling too good right now so would like to avoid that. Feeling pretty stupid and worried right now. :sheep: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Has this ever happened to anyone else?If I can't get an appointment, is there anything else I could do to get my meds before Monday?

Gentle hugs,

Karou
(*hides under blanket*)
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: useless foggy brain and worried about prescription

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Could you ring your surgery to see if they could push a repeat thru a bit faster for you, then see if there is a pharmacy that could collect the script from your surgery, dispense it, then deliver it to you???

Not sure what else to suggest apart from taking the plunge with whoever you can get an appt with over the next day or 2.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Karou » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

They only take phone requests from old people who can't leave the house. I've asked them once before and ended up calling a cab to get it there. I can walk, even if it hurts like crazy. Enough for them to say no.

Finding a pharmacy that might pick it up would help a lot. :-) Good idea, thanks for the advice. It made me think and I'll see if one of the other GPs could arrange something so I can phone for a repeat if I'm really bad.

Gonna phone them as soon as their line is open and try for an appointment.

Thanks again, feeling a bit calmer now.

Karou
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Have you asked if they have the facility to order repeats on line??? It how I tend to order my repeats and it makes things an awful lot easier. I put my requests in, set a reminder on my phone organiser/calendar to ring the pharmacy (they need advising of collections and deliveries before a certain time each morning) and they arrive later that afternoon. It makes a heck of a difference to me as I don't have to venture there and back or constantly rely on OH to do a meds run for me.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Boots do a repeat service as do Asda's that have a pharmacy once you have sorted this blip out then you can either go on line and order the repeat or phone up and request it :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 am

as said above ring the dr can u ask for phone consultation with a dr today that way they will right u out some meds for u to pick up tomorrow xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks for your replies, I rang them again and was offered an appointment with the nurse. Turns out it was a good idea, she's quite informed about Fibro and will try and sort the replies from my last hospital visit.

I've also set up a repeat at Tesco, thought I'd ask because it's closer than Asda and to me it seemed logical that if one offers it, the others might do too. What a relief, thank you so much for helping. Oh and I've set myself a reminder to check my meds in my phone.

When I told the nurse about my foggy brain she said it's surprising what chronic pain can do to the brain. She also said to try not to be too hard with myself and maybe just accept that right now this is the way it is instead of fighting or trying to prove that I'm ok when it's obvious that I'm not. :-? She got that right...I still fight because I don't want "the enemy" to take over. But maybe I can't win this battle, I don't know. I just hope I'll find a compromise.

Now I'll read my instructions for the TENS machine I bought while I was out. It's only small but comes with massage. :-) Lets see how that goes.

Gentle hugs,

Karou

Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia