need advice

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

need advice

Postby jason25 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:37 pm

hi all aint been on here a while but i got a question i have started to have become paralised befor i go to bed i cant move its hard to breath i feel like i am traped in my head when it happens seriosly just lose all filling in my body and start to panic and really try to move to get out of it i had it happen 6 times last night my gf was next to me and got me out of the first one by moving my arms but i tryed to sleep again and i couldnt move or talk can someone help or give advise it scares the crist out of me losing all that ability to move has anyone else suffered from this and if there anything to take to stop it ??????????
jason25
UKFM Member

Re: need advice

Postby jason25 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:44 pm

right this is nothing to do with my eating habbits i eat really healthy i just need to know if anyone has had this problem with the sleep problem its palayliseing me when i try to sleep
jason25
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm

do you take anything before you go to bed , perhaps its something to do with meds , Ive never had this myself but if it was me Id be down the docs quick sharp!
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm

jason25 wrote:hi all aint been on here a while but i got a question i have started to have become paralised befor i go to bed i cant move its hard to breath i feel like i am traped in my head when it happens seriosly just lose all filling in my body and start to panic and really try to move to get out of it i had it happen 6 times last night my gf was next to me and got me out of the first one by moving my arms but i tryed to sleep again and i couldnt move or talk can someone help or give advise it scares the crist out of me losing all that ability to move has anyone else suffered from this and if there anything to take to stop it ??????????

Please get this check out by your doctor. This IMO is not fibro and could be something else

Possible sleep paralization??? if its happening when your trying to sleep??
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:46 pm

metabalance wrote:Hi,
so many times I have advised people to contact me. No one did for some reason. People are crying for help but never believe that help could be given. Please contact me via my website http://www.metabalancehealthclinic.co.uk. You do not have to live with fibro, you certainly have to move on. And you will, just stop think hopelessly. Irina

What rubbish! Fibro is NOT cured by ANYTHING! and you are no doctor and even if you were how could you know what the posters symptoms are without examination as there symptoms may not be that of fibro!

Healthy eating may help fatigue levals and reduce pain BUT not QUOTE (in your saying) **You do not have to live with fibro**

Doesnt matter how positive you are fibro has NO cure

If it was that simple we'll all be cured :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jason25 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm

ok thanks for the info i post what happens when i see my doc i checked it out and it does sound like sleep palayised thing so fingers cross theres somthing to stop it thank u for the help
jason25
UKFM Member

Postby Foz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Evening All,

I am quite shocked :yikes: at Metabalance's reply and I am assuming that they do not have Fibro, as they would automatically know most people with FM also have food allergies and have already been through the mill with food.
Let alone mentioning the exercise -still stunned :shock:

Jason25 I do hope you find your answers :-)
Foz
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:55 am

I guess metabalance is a troll looking to sell their snake oil on the forums :(
It sounds like sleep paralysis which although scary isn't usually dangerous but definitely go see your dr if I were you.
I once had a consultant immunologist tell me FMS was cureable if you wanted it enough... My GP corrected him
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Metabalance has been dealt with accordingly, based on their behaviour and activities on the forum.

Jason, my thoughts were heading towards something like sleep paralysis as well. Hope you can get some answers and find a way to manage it soon :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jason25 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 am

ok got an appointment with the sleep clinic 9th of sept so fingers crossed they can stop it
jason25
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jason25 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:35 am

lol ok went to the hospital and they gave me a machine i had to keep on me while i slept looked like a machine after it was all strapped on but it said it needs a min of 6 hours reading of sleep it only got 4 max cuse i never can sleep 6 hours but i nocked of the finger thing in my sleep and now they told me i have to do it again .... joy but got to wait 4 weeks to see if they will allow me to do it again or i got to get revered to the hospital again from my doc ........ i hate the nhs so much some times but anyway they did tell me one thing what happens to me does sound very simialar to sleep paralysis and most likely what happing to me had an attack of it two nights ago still scares the crap out of me and happend again last night didnt help that i had a snore mouth gaurd that fell out half way at the timemade it a bit hard to breath ........ sorry if im rabaling cant tell my other half this stuff she gets so scared when she see's it or hears me talk about it just nice to get it off my chest..... anyway so waiting to see what the nhs or as i like to call it the no help service send me a letter about so again fingers crossed they can help doubt it thoug ...
jason25
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:49 am

6 hrs if I had that I would be thinking I over slept, usually manage with much less probably about 3 hrs before I wake up then I get a couple of hours wandering around before managing another 2 just before the alarm goe for everyone else to get up & ready for school or work

Good luck with things and really hope you get it sorted sometime soon,as it all sounds a bit scary if you ask me. :yikes: :yikes:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby ru.campbell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi J

It sounds like anxiety disorder. Funnily enough I developed FM after suffering an anxiety disorder that had me waking from a fairly shallow sleep, fighting for breath. It got better when my doctor put me on Cytralopram for anxiety. Maybe you could discuss the options with your GP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
ru.campbell
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 am

I get sleep paralysation. I have 3 types :roll: paralysation/hullusinations and auditory hearing.

Some mornings / thro night i wake up and cannot move, i can hear things going on around me / move my eyes and see whats about but cannot move!! this can last up to 30mins/hour at a time.

Sometimes i wake up and see things. Once i saw a girl standing right by my bed :shock: :yikes:

Then i can hear people talking , laughing, voices right by my side but no one around me. I hear people call my name .. again nothing and all sorts of voices :crazy: :crazy: thought i was going loopy :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I was just given some sleeping tablets.
*Lisa*

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia