Mobility Scooter Advice

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mobility Scooter Advice

Postby SuzyVB » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I have an 8mph mobility scooter to use around our village but now need one that I can use when out and about so it needs to be transportable. The range is baffling to say the least.

I wondered if any of you have any experience of using transportable scooters and if so how do you find them? Which ones are best?

Any help greatfully received as it's a bit mind boggling sending me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Re: Mobility Scooter Advice

Postby hjlinton » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:03 pm

I have a lynx portable mobility scooter and its great. I took it on holiday to menorca recently.

It comes apart in 5 sections and I used to fit it in a micra. Very sturdy would recommend to anyone.

Hope this helps

X
hjlinton
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:28 pm

What about going to a local scooter stockist and giving some of them a test run Suzy?? If you can park the car close by, you could even see what they're like to dismantle and get into it. That way you'll see what might be best for you, then could go online and see what sort of deal you could get :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah I thought about that but very few of the shops round here hold stock because of people doing just that and not buying locally
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia