squeaky neck??!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

squeaky neck??!!

Postby animeemo3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm

hi =]
got a question thats been bugging me for years. this sounds really strange but does anyone have a squeaky neck?! when i tilt my head forward so its almost touching my chest, any movement from then on produces a terrible squeaking sound from my neck. no apparent pain (apart from usual). not sure if this is relevant also, but when my head and neck are in that position and also when tilting my head back too, i get a very strange feeling of slight dizziness i suppose. my eyes wont respond quick enough, like i'm a little drunk. its not an extreme tilt forward or back either so i have no clue what it is! any thoughts/experiences?
xxx
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: squeaky neck??!!

Postby SuzyVB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:45 am

Lol I wish I could tilt my head that far forward ;) seriously though I get lots of squeaks and crunches from many joints. I think it's just muscles under pressure. Pops and clicks are normally ligaments and tendons catching or releasing trapped air so I'm sure the squeaking is similar.
If you're worried though just go see your dr to put your mind at rest
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 pm

I agree with Suzy, I get squeaking and popping from lots of joints including my neck and with small movements, its fine unless it locks then I'm at the docs for diazapam to get me to relax enough to let it move again. That mainly happens with my neck but at the moment I have it in my right knee. Go to the docs and get it checked just to be on the safe side but I think its probably more common than you maybe thought :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Got to agree with Denys and Suzy wish I could get my neck to move like that after nearly twelve months I still have little movement in my neck next move was traction at the physio last Tuesday suppose it does feel a that there is a little more movement in it just wondering now how long will it last before it goes in to spasms again and be back to square one again
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:19 am

My neck produces some squeaky noises when I try too hard to reach my back in the shower without one of those brushes and my right knee does it when I don't move for a while. And my right ankle could almost be used as a stepometer with its clicking and popping. :lol:

Not sure how I discovered it (bit of a strange combination of things to do) but when my mouth is open and I twist my upper body to either side it sounds like I'm grinding stones somewhere in the mid part of my spine. Doesn't hurt, just sounds weird. :-?
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia