I've been an idiot! Overdone things.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I've been an idiot! Overdone things.

Postby csangel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:07 am

Hi guys.

Just looking for a bit of sympathy really... It's my own fault - I don't normally work weekends, but was in yesterday to help prepare for stocktake today. You know when you feel like you've been doing ok, and you tell yourself you think you have the hang of things? Well yesterday I was thinking that, ended up spending most of the day on my feet, and consequently can't walk today.

My right knee is killing me! I have cartilage problems with it anyway but I'm pretty convinced the fibro must be affecting it too as it's only been this bad twice in 12 years!

I'm in agony! I really should go back to bed, but I have to go to stock take. My work are completely rubbish about my fibro, and it's not worth the stress of not going. Hopefully it will only be till 2pm, and I will make sure I take crutches and sit down. I know I'm probably being just as stupid going in today, as I was standing up yesterday, but I cant get out of it.

Owwwwwwwwww!!!!
xx
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Re: I've been an idiot! Overdone things.

Postby BonnGayle » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 am

I did the same last week and this week im a complete wreck and ended up in full flare legs not working throat and neck swollen tempreture.... Im told the tempreture is more a cfs thing.. Maybe i have both :?: but yes we all do it, if it were me id ring in sick today x
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 am

Oh dear, you know what we are going to say so I wont bother, we all overdo things at one time or another and dont seem to learn much from it :-D :-D :-D :-D sending some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and the hope you get finished early and manage to get back to bed. Once you are home try some water bottles on the worst affected areas or if you have a tens machine try that :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby redcaz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 pm

I did the same on wed. I had been feeling ok for a few weeks so i convinced myself I'd be ok driving 2.5hrs each way to the other side of anglesey and walk for an hour round the coastline. I'd gone to visit a friend I hadnt seen for 2 years. I thought I'd got away with it Thursday, a little stiff but ok. But BANG, thurs night, awake all night in agony from waist down and wretching with nausea every 2 hrs. I spent most of friday in bed, Ive never had a flare like that before. I know, I was stupid, but sometimes the meds work so well they trick you into thinking you're cured!! Yeah right!
I hope you feel a lot better soon hun, this illness is a pile of sh.t that non sufferers just dont understand.
Big gently hugs to everyone xxxxxx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:03 pm

I can assure you that you're not the only one to have done this, and some of us, who really should know a bit better after all their years of living with FM, still keeping going back and doing it again :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hope it won't give you too big a bite in the bum :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:03 pm

yeah, count me in there too :crazy:

was tired of the old carpet in my front room/kitchen
got a nice 200x300 rug (can be washed in the laundered :-D , my washing machine not big enough)

wedged myself under the sofa :nono: and lifted it up with my shoulders :nono:
to make the rug go under the feet of the same :nono:

the price is pain,but my reward is the lovely rug, can't take my eyes off :mrgreen:
makes a lot of a different, and looks so fresh and tidy and does blend in :-D :-D :-D
think it was well worth the agony :sick: I am in now
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Yep I think we've all done that. I seem to be doing it a lot lately as I'm looking after my 21 year old daughter after her accident. Yesterday I tidied the room she's staying in as she can't do it and I hate mess and then I cleaned & tidied downstairs and today wham feel like I have flu but still got to cook the roast.
When will we learn ;)
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby csangel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Aw thanks for the sympathy guys! Thank you for not telling me off denys! Sorry to hear so many of you are in the same boat.

Compared to a few weeks ago I'm sort of glad I'm back to a point of feeling good about things. I actually can't walk now though... The pain eased off a bit at work but I sat down for a bit and have now stiffened up! Hubby is ordering a Chinese takeaway for tea so hopefully that will make me feel better!

I almost think life would be boring if we never pushed ourselves to do anything - we'd be forever staying in, never enjoying ourselves... (not that there's anything wrong with being careful) but I'm glad I feel good enough to be able to push myself sometimes, if that makes sense?!

Hopefully I won't be too bad for too long and can go back to being careful again afterwards. Gentle hugs to everyone who is regretting going too far, hope you all feel 'normal' again soon!

xxx
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi CSangel

I hope things settle down for you soon. As the others have said we have all done this before so many times and I'm sure we will all do it again lol.

At least you can see where you did too much though and can recognise where you pushed a bit too far.

csangel wrote:I almost think life would be boring if we never pushed ourselves to do anything - we'd be forever staying in, never enjoying ourselves... (not that there's anything wrong with being careful) but I'm glad I feel good enough to be able to push myself sometimes, if that makes sense?!

I agree and I find that if I do something that pushes my limits but feel it was a bit too far, I try and do the same thing again but at a slower pace/for a bit less time if that makes sense (sorry no sleep last night so a bit of a zombie today lol) and that way I find I can still accomplish most things but at a slower pace or spacing things out a bit more.

You just have to find what your body can and can't cope with and learn from experiences.

Take care and rest up when you can
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby SuzyVB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:43 pm

I have definitely overdone things. Went to lay down for a little while earlier as was feeling a little shaky & woke up 2.5 hrs later & that was after 12 hours sleep last night. All of my muscles hurt too. So looks like tomorrow will be a PJ & rest day
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:28 pm

I have done the same, anybody else like me what a nice clean tidy house before a holiday, well i did just that ,and did last min shopping and all the packing, and everything for the dog. Had a very bad night sleep, due to so much pain, morning of holiday ,as well as feel like i been hit by a truck, a very bad headache, 3hr car journey, arrived at holiday cottage, still not feeling good, bad nights sleep, bed not comfortable (great) :(
been out today,OMG, walked up the prom,had fish n chips all going ok, then out of the blue, started to get tight chest stomach pains, felt like trapped wind, walking back to car was agony, felt like i couldnt breathe, hubby said i started to panic, i started doing 7/11 breathing to calm me down, i then had pins n needles to the point where my fingers were out of a shape,legs started to tingle,and also around my mouth, 9 miles from cottage, hubby got us back, the tightness in chest had gone, but my hands n arms,just as we got to cottage started to ease and i could finally start to move them,,,
lay down on bed for awhile, i now feel washed out, but have a bad stomach, (you all know the sort)................ I have never been so scared in all my life, i now feel like i want to be in my own home.

(hope all this makes sense )

Also feel as if holidays are a NO from now on..................
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby csangel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Oh dear spencebel, sounds like you've definitely overdone things! Hope it eases off for you and you can enjoy the rest of your holiday!

I'm fed up of limping about already! Need to rest my knee, but can't limp too much or my other leg joins in! It's a hard balance.

Have made myself some strawberry and blueberry cupcakes to cheer myself up... Not sure how they'll turn out yet, hoping my brain was being sensible and I've followed the recipe ok!
csangel
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia