eyebrow plucking

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

eyebrow plucking

Postby ouchiemama » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Agg so this was the first time plucking my brows hurt..not really when doing it but after its like my brows are burning eh sorry but WTF??

Anyone else???

Hope your all having a good day! xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: eyebrow plucking

Postby padders » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I have this every time I plucked I now have them waxed less pain and quicker. Don't think it fibro related just waxing or plucking hurts!! It will settle down try not to touch them x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Oh yes!!!

My daughter is in college training to be a beauty therapist and she says... *MUm can i pluck your eyebrows* (wanting to show me her new skills and to practice)

So of course i let her. Never had them done before and thought it would be nice to be pampered.......... HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!! OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! i screamed and oooooood and arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd and some :swear1: :swear1: my daughter was in stictches thinkin it was hilerious watchin MUM scream like a baby :shock: :shock:

It felt like she was stabbing me with a knife each time she had a pluck!!! i had to stop numerous times and took ages. I didnt want her to carry on but would have looked silly :oops: :oops: :oops:

Never experienced soooo much pain for something simple :yikes:

Mind you they look fantastic after and she down a great job but i was in agony so so sore :( never again! :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Karou » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 am

Yep you're not alone with this. It's completely random for me but my eyebrows have a mind of their own and will throw a fit if they didn't want to be plucked.

Same goes for my legs and underarms, I don't shave anymore but rather use an epilator because my skin gets very irritated from shaving.. Funny how this doesn't hurt me at all and my friends think I'm crazy because I use it under my arms. It hurts them while they do it but me, I hurt when it's done. :facepalm: :tongueout: At least it's not too bad or I'd be hairy. Sometimes I'll put ice on it which helps a lot.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 pm

you think thats crazy me and my dad suffer with sore eyebrows they hurt even to touch them for no reason sometimes once or twice a year sometime more and i never found out why
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia