just cant do it

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just cant do it

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 am

well im meant to go in town today, i have not been in all week.but i cant face the heat. i got to go tomorrow i am picking the children up from there dads so a bus ride and a train but then i dont mind the rain. i just cant face going.i feel bad about little one being in but then every night i take her up the club where theres a swing and she love playing with her football, and its cooler .i jusr wish i could get myself out without sweating hurting and feeling dead.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: just cant do it

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm

You're not on your own with this :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm on morning doglet walkings at the moment and the past couple of days have been so warm where we have to be walked that I've cut it shorter, and we've gone out as early as we can before the sun has put too many hats on 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rchlearley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm

:-D At last I've now realised that somebody else suffers with this. I have virtually been a reclused since the hot weather started. I can't go out when its hot, I have to make all appointments before 9a.m. I have just nearly passed out in a meeting because I was so hot. We have had to stop going abroard. Its ruining my life tbh.
I have been to the doctors to see several diff doc's only to be told its all in my head. They was gradually beginning to make me believe I was going mad. Its not the change or thyroid. im 48.
Like you I don't know how much longer I can put up with this. I can't take medication because I get side effects with everything.
I don't know what to do anymore.
rchlearley
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:03 pm

rchlearley, no your not alone so many of us with fibro cant take the heat anymore , and alot of us cant stand to get to cold ,but for me atm heat is the killer.they only good thing is for the uk rain is coming tonight and i can handy that , il go round the town tomorrow with a smile on my face while everyone looks at me like im mad.so if i ee anyone else grinning in the rain il no its u lol :-D :-D :-D :-D
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

This heat was too much for me as well, I've felt like I was gonna melt. Miss sunbathing without worrying but now I can only do late afternoon or very early morning. Joining my friend for a dog walk is nearly impossible unless I can ask her not to sleep in on her weekends or dont go too early in the evening.

Too cold and humid doesn't agree with me either, makes me feel like I have some burning wood instead of bones, but the weekend before last I went out with just a t-shirt and a brolly while everyone else was wearing jackets and saying I would catch a cold. I'm glad I didn't and to me that just shows how broken my thermostat is.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby M Nelson-Smith » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am

Ditto!!!

I used to be able to lie in the sun from early morning until late in the evening, I just can't do it anymore. We went to greece on holiday this year and apart from all my usual problems I had my broken thermostat to cope with as well :(

The only good thing that came from it was others in the group who went FINALLY believed me that I have something wrong!!!

Nice in cool here in Scotland and you're all welcome to come visit, we could all sit outside in the cool (freezing) air :lol:

Emzie
M Nelson-Smith
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 am

M Nelson-Smith wrote:Ditto!!!

I used to be able to lie in the sun from early morning until late in the evening, I just can't do it anymore. We went to greece on holiday this year and apart from all my usual problems I had my broken thermostat to cope with as well :(

The only good thing that came from it was others in the group who went FINALLY believed me that I have something wrong!!!

Nice in cool here in Scotland and you're all welcome to come visit, we could all sit outside in the cool (freezing) air :lol:

Emzie

Oooooooooooooohhh not too cold i hope as i am heading up to Scotland tomorrow for a weeks holiday lol!!!! To be honest as long as it is dry and the evil scottish midges have gone i will be very, very happy. I have the same problem as a lot of you with my thermostat and suddenly without warning can be drip wet through from sweat, it is so embarrassing and dont you just hate it when it runs into your eyes!! Other people dont understand it at all and just look at you as though you are odd. I have been prescribed some medication to stop the sweats and they really do work and i use them when i am going out but your skin is burning hot inside when you have taken them, you get a thirst that cant be quenched and i swell up all over ankles, hands/fingers face and knees are the worst so i dont take them all the time as the side effects can be as uncomfortable as the sweats. For anyone that wants to try them the name of the drug is Pro-Banthine 15mg the other name for it is Propantheline Bromide and are prescription only. When i was prescribed these i thought this was the answer to all my prayers but as i have said the side effects are just as bad so before i take a dose i have to weigh up if its worth it but they can be useful for certain times.

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 am

i guess u puff up milly as u cant sweat not sure if id like that much .dammed if u do dammed if u dont eh. :lol:
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby treading water » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:57 am

Hi, I'm from Australia and the heat here can be extreme. I am talking about 48oC in the middle of summer. We only have air conditioning in the master bedroom, so it can get very unbearable.

If I may share some tips that help me...

Depending on how hot it is, I get a teatowel or handtowel and wet it or put ice in it and put it around my neck. I also wet my hat and when I am really desperate, I will get in the shower fully clothed and then stand in the doorway or on the patio and just let the breeze cool me down. If electricity wasn't so expensive, I would live in my bedroom all summer! Another thing I do in complete desperation, is put ice packs wrapped in cloth on my feet. My feet burn like crazy in summer. I hope some of this helps.
treading water
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 pm

M Nelson-Smith wrote: used to be able to lie in the sun from early morning until late in the evening, I just can't do it anymore. We went to greece on holiday this year and apart from all my usual problems I had my broken thermostat to cope with as well

I'm another retired member of the "sun worshippers" club. I used to live for hot holidays away and could happily park myself on a sun lounger from 10am till 4pm and sunbathe.

I got back from Greece 2 weeks ago and I really struggled with the heat. It made the fatigue so much worse than before and whereas I'd normally had an hours nap on holiday about 4pm I found I couldn't last much longer than 2pm before bed called out to be and I would nap for 3 hours lol!
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia