The Pain Barrier - do you break it?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Pain Barrier - do you break it?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm really busy at the moment, both at work and at home, and this week I've been very tired and in a lot of pain. On Monday and Tuesday I called it quits and just went to lie down after work, but last night I gritted my teeth and kept going long after I felt like crying, and got loads done. So I went to bed tired and in pain (no change there) but feeling quite positive. Woke up this morning feeling no worse than any other day.

Anybody else have days when they just grit their teeth and push on right through the pain barrier and stay upright long after their body's started screaming for rest? I can't do it all the time, but sometimes I just feel I have to keep going. I'm finding I don;t pay for it as much as I expect, a lot of the time, as long as I've been sleeping ok in the days beforehand.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Re: The Pain Barrier - do you break it?

Postby Picklepudding » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Regularly. Especially during my recent holiday, I kept going for 16 days regardless of the fact that I was in exhausted and in agony. I don't think it did me any good but I wasn't going to let it beat me. Ended up in tears a couple of times but I still battled on, determined x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Me too, usually when OH is working long days :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Along with the things I usually do, I also have double doglet walkings added to my list, which means I'm out, regardless of the weather, for a minimum of an hour with her.

I'm worse when we have visitors tho, as that's when the stubbornness really kicks in. I'll carry on even when I'm struggling to stand up with leaning against the cupboards being the only thing that is keeping me upright. It wouldn't be the first time that OH has come into the kitchen as I'm trying to get something out of the oven and he's had to make me go and sit dowm while he finishes things off :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Sounds like I'm not the only mad person then :lol:
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:41 pm

well im just as bad .i have to clean the house every day no matter what. i find sitting down just makes me more tired and its the lack of sleep that makes me hurt more then doing things it seems.yes if my elbow are killing me i might have to change what im doing and as ive said in another post i don't always get to town as i cant seem to find the energy.but i can however rest in-between jobs.its a pain but i can keep going.i cant talk for anyone but me but over doing things doesnt seem to make my pain worse the next day as i hurt every bloody day :yikes:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:50 pm

yes i keep going as i find staying still makes me hurt even more.but a good sleep well keep me going .i cant make it in town often as the energy is robbed for me all day . but if i stay home and rest after each job i can clean my house every day. if i strip all the bed and hang the washing out i sit with a cuppa tea for an hour then il wash floors or clean bathroom today i cut the grass did the washing and and stripped my bed each time i stopped for a rest.ive been sat down over an hour now as i have to do the main shop tonight.and im tired but i no once im home i can have a shower and relax for the night .xxxx
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I've done that this week and it just hit me that whenever I can manage, I've been sleeping ok before pushing myself.

If I have to push because I don't have any other choice it's a different story and I'll pay the price. Um...I hope you know what I mean, brain shutting down on me.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 pm

omg what wrong with me i thought first post didnt go on and wrote another as it logged me out now i find there both on here jezz i cant even blame fibro this time lol :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia