at night

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

at night

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 pm

At night when i go to bed ,i lay there and realize im tents all over in fact i have to tell myself to relax my leg bum and hands.im tight all over and i really have to make myself relax, i must be doing it in my sleep to as my hands are so stiff i can only think im doing it in my sleep.anyone else suffer with this.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: at night

Postby heatherp » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

the minute I go to bed I start to seize up, usually my neck and shoulders. I take 10mg amitriptyline which does help at times. Often wake in middle of night with panic attacks and muscle spasm in chest, have to get up and stretch and move about to stop it all. Sorry can't give you any real help on this :(
heatherp
UKFM Member

Postby Denbev » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 pm

hi ive also just realised in the last week that im tensing up+find it difficult to relax+ive also found im clenching my jaw whilst going to sleep+cannot stop it,but i think it helps if i have a hot bath@night+have my amitriptyline but hate the morning after effects of the meds!!! feels like fibro controls my life so much now!!!
Denbev
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi All

I used to have problems with legs spasm in the night also i could only lay on one side for so long and so long on the other side. Since the doctor prescribe me amitriptyline starting at 10 mg and them he said to work up till i found an amount the suited me so now i take 40 mg at night and only wake with leg spasm once in the night . I also take Pregabalin 200 mg three times a day, and MST Continus 10mg twice a day and 30 mg at night. Also i have bought a body pillow {£24.99 from Argos well worth it} and i have found with it under my legs and the side of my body that hurt the most, is where i get the most ease.

On a morning when i first wake i have to be pulled up by my husband then i have to sit and wait 5 before i can move round to get off the bed. Also my ends are a stiff as a board for the first couple of hours for them to start and ease off. Also my legs are stiff so i have just to ease myself down stairs. It takes me about an hour to get up and get dressed with help.

Hope this is some use.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:00 am

Hi,

I've noticed this too and was wondering what else I do in my sleep without knowing. A friend once told me that I hit the head of my bed while asleep. No wonder I hurt even more.

Sometimes using my electric heat pad helps a bit because it reminds me to relax the muscles and because I can't afford the dentist version of a bruxism guard I bought one from boots. Was a bit tricky to get it to fit but now it helps to reduce jaw and tooth pain and less migraines when I wake up. They're not for everyone though, maybe ask your doctor or dentist if unsure.

What I can't seem to do is relax between my shoulder blades and the rib area under them. It stays stiff, burns and sometimes breathing is exhausting. Soooo painful! :cry:

I also just remembered my relaxation app, there's some techniques that go through each part of the body and remind you to relax them while taking you on an imaginary journey. And when I was in therapy for BPD I had someone showing us how to relax with PMR(progressive mmuscle relaxation) but I find it easier when I listen to someone. I get distracted if I do it from memory and can't focus anyway.

Hope this helps

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 am

Oh thank god i was starting to worry it was something else.it can be abit scary when u are not used to it.i was going to go see the dr but now il think il give the amitriptyline a change.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia