So today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So today

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 pm

I feel like someone has smashed my ankles with a hammer. It feels like the pain is right in the bones. Do you all get bone pain or is it just muscular pain?
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: So today

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Funny you should ask, my shins and ankles and feet have been aching these last few days, in the bones not muscle.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby PennyJ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:57 pm

I often get pain in my ankles and shins,plus my fingers and toes so it must be bone pain and not muscular..
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

PennyJ wrote:I often get pain in my ankles and shins,plus my fingers and toes so it must be bone pain and not muscular..

FM pain is related to muscles and soft tissues, hence the name of the condition:~
    fibro' is a Latin word, meaning fibrous tissues such as tendons (tissue that connects muscles to bones) and ligaments (tissue that connects bones to bones)
    'my' is a Greek word, meaning muscles
    'algia' is also a Greek word, meaning pain
I've been lead to believe that whilst it may feel like bone pain, it is muscle and soft tissue pain, but because it radiates, it will at times, make it seem as though it's bone related.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm

I get a lot of pain in my joints and bones, I say "It's on my side", LOL. I also have osteoarthritis and that is a cause of pain.

Try some Arnica gel, it really helps relieve some pain. It is a natural product and a bit smelly, but it helps.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

i swore blind to my dr that my finger pain was joints bones pain he said no its not sent me for x ray anyway . and he was right its the ligaments that are hurting and boy does it hurt even hurts to the touch . go back to your dr and ask for x ray see whats going on ,but it could well be just the fibro .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 pm

It's cold outside, it's wet and my bones hurt. Or let's say I think it's them. It feels like a horse kicked me in the head and I hurt my ribs on the back from landing. My whole body seems annoyed, stiff and exhausted. Hate this feeling. :cry: Always happens this time of the year.

I was told it's Fibro but that doesn't make it easier. sigh
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby geo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah my ankles hurt most of the time, and click and clunk really loudly, comes and goes but isn't nice!
geo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 pm

I am feeling thinks in my shins and its cos my feet are sooo cold, I find I feel its 'bone pain' a lot but as FLup and others have said its the ligaments, muscles and other fibrous tissue that is radiating :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia