Eyesight

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eyesight

Postby Katblack » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Does anyone else struggle with their eyesight?

I went for a 'test' today for a potential job and my eyesight has left me down badly, I couldn't see what I was doing.

I am long sighted and wear glasses for driving and reading, I do craft but had to give up Cross Stitch as I couldn't see close up anymore.

I feel so gutted, I can see the computer screen, I can see to drive, I can see well without my glasses and can look at something close up but if I have to concentrate on anything then it all just blurs. I didn't get the job :( though the people were nice

I have wondered if maybe I need another pair of glasses now I am getting older for close up stuff, has anyone tried this? Did it help?

I get my eyes tested regularly and had an eye test a year ago and the problem with close up stuff has been going on for a LOT longer than a year and they never pick anything up, just give a prescription for distance, I can't afford to get my eyes tested again.
Thinking of going back to the doctors

Gutted :(
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: Eyesight

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 pm

I find my eyes struggle with close up work when my FM is particularly bad or I'm very tired, the rest of the time I am fine. I had my eyes lasered last November to correct quite bad short-sightedness and have now occasionally to resort to using cheap Asda reading specs for threading needles and the like. It could be the fatigue that's causing you problems?
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby islandpixie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi I am also long sighted and find my eyesight varies depending on whether the fibro is bad or not. It can become very fuzzy and my eyes itch - no wonder Fibro is nick named irritable everything syndrome!
islandpixie
UKFM Newbie

Postby SuzyVB » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:47 pm

I have lost my peripheral vision and struggle switching from near to far. I'm short sighted so wear glasses all the time but I have to take them off or look underneath them if reading close up or small print. I was sent this link which explains things a little:
http://www.cfids.org/archives/2001rr/20 ... icle02.asp
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi, I work 30 hours a week as an administrator and find my eyesight is appalling by the end of the day. I have glasses for distance and also for computer work which do help quite a lot. However, when I'm really tired glasses are no help at all! I also have sore, red eyes as well but find Viscotears eye gel much better than all of the different drops I have tried.

I hadn't connected my poor eyesight with Fibro so was interested to read this!

:-) :-)
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:21 pm

ive had glasses all my live since i was 4 . im not working if your on income surport u can get a med card that means u dont pay for meds or for your teeth or eyes.x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby GinaD » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 pm

My eyesight has deteriorated badly, I can no longer use the glasses I had last year!
GinaD
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia