sleep

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sleep

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44 pm

well the amitripoline im taking is helping my sleep but not every night , does not stop the pains but at lest im not dead on my feet,i know dam well it wont last and im not going to keep upping the dose.as i no u just have to keep putting it up more anf more till it dont work .so im taking it 3 night on 2 nights off so we will see how it goes.i no alot of us take this med ,does anyone else stagger the dose and has it helped.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: sleep

Postby Michelleg123 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 pm

I am on 40mg at night, every night, still don't sleep and still in pain :( just one nights unbroken sleep is all I ask but nothing seems to work :(
Michelleg123
UKFM Member

Postby Tricky19 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't suffer but my husband is recently diagnosed with Fibro, and I feel for you all. It has come to point that we sleep in seperate rooms as he is worried about keeping me up! we are a young couple with a young family and I tell him I don't mind Im able to rest during the day and as he still has to work full time as we dont qualify for benefits :( Its frustrating and upsetting for me when I read you worries and concerns and want to fix you all, but know I cant. We have tried gentle massage with herbal oils, warm baths with lavander and Diazepame. the drugs dont help but the bath and massage help him a little. We are lucky to have a fantastic doctor who keeps intouch with us!! lol very unheard of! Sending you all gentle hugs xxxxxxx
Tricky19
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm

I sleep very little because of my Fibromyalgia, I normaly go to bed about 10pm to 10.30, i then sleep for 30 mins and after that is a case of watching the clock, Problem is my hands pain that bad do not know what to do with them.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Amitriptyline is designed to be taken continuously so that you get the best from the med at the dosage you're on. If you start to take nights off from it, the level in your system will start to drop, which could well reduce its effectiveness for you. Then, on the nights when you do take it, rather than being at a constant level, it will have to build back up again, so yo~yoing levels will have an impact on your sleep.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby GinaD » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 am

I tried Amitriptyline it really helped me sleep but I work on a deli counter with slicers etc and I am a Zombi all day so I had to stop taking it :(
GinaD
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia