Pain in hands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in hands

Postby E-Bunny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi guys,

I have excruciating pain in every joint in my hands ( both hands ) for a while now, This has become a permanent pain and is helped little by my pain meds ( Pregabalin & cocodamol ) =(

I have also noticed that my flare ups are happening more and more often as time goes on !!

Is Fibro meant to get worse as time passes ?

Is the pain i am experiencing in my hands a part of Fibro ? As it isn't letting up at all =( I have had all the blood tests done, so arthritis has been ruled out ! I am just at wits end with the pain in my hands.... I cant even open a bottle of cola, and getting dressed etc is becoming more and more difficult due to the pain :( especially putting on trainers / work boots and fastening buttons up.

Any idea's on how to ease this pain ? I have tried gentle exercises, stretching my fingers and joints gently on a regular basis but nothing helps...

Please Help.........
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Pain in hands

Postby Michelleg123 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi... Yes the pain in your hands is part of the fibro and there is not much you can do about it - I have constant hand pain and meds don't work at all :( my Fibro is getting worse not better :(
Michelleg123
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,
Just a thought, have you been tested for caprel tunnel..it does tend to go with fibro i think, but is a separate diagnosis.
I have hand weakness, pain, aching tingling in my thumb forefinger area, keep dropping things.

worth mentioning to your GP or rheumy,
good luck and hope you get some help
Jan x
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 pm

I have pain constantly in my hands 244/7 due to Fibro, am taking 10 pain killers a day i take 4 at night, i hardly sleep as i cannot get comfortable due the hand pains. So know how you feel
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:13 pm

yes my worse pain is in my hands my fingers hurt so much in the morning i could cry sometimes.i have no idea how to stop the pain like u, if ive slept well and not moved much my hand are worse.one thing u could try is themo fingerless gloves , u can keep them on most of the day there not wolly cant remember where mum got these might of been online x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

For the majority of us, FM does seem to have got worse with time, I know I'm very different now compared to when I was dx'd, and also to when things started appearing 4 years earlier than that.

The pain on your hands may be FM related, or as Jan has suggested, there could be another reason for it as carpel tunnel problems do seem to like to tag along with FM and its motley crue.

This Linky has some suggestions about what could help with hand aches and pains as does This One.

It might also be worth a visit to your friendly neighbourhood GP about this to see if you can get some answers as to the cause, and maybe some treatment if needed.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Garyl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 pm

I bought these and they have helped http://www.mirrorreaderoffers.co.uk/ite ... on-gloves/

waiting to find something better
Garyl
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia