feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feet

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm

well as most of us know the feet of the Romans had garlic under there feet as they believed it was good for the blood and they believed the foot had alot to do with other problems in the body
so i come across a site
http://www.ehow.com/how_6930493_ease-fi ... ments.html
and i was thinking of trying some reflexology
anyone else out there that has tired it and did it help u x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: feet

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Reflexology like all treatments for fibro needs to be ongoing to be beneficial.

Iv had a few sessions over the years and had a few days were all the buzzing and throbbing and muscle twitches calmed right down but apart from that not much else although very relaxing which helps

Worth a try! :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby SuzyVB » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 am

I'm a qualified reflexologist and can tell you that as with all thins fibro it may help it may not. The key is to find someone who uses their hands not a reflexology stick & also to find someone who will adjust the pressure to what you find comfy. All therapists should take a medical history before any treatments as some meds mean you can't have the treatment. To find a reputable therapist near you go to the FHT website (federation of holistic therapists)
Hope that helps
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks Suzy some useful info there :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi painprincess

I suffer a lot with my feet too. My mum is a fully trained massage therapist and she gives me an aromatherapy massage once a week.

*Lisa* wrote:Reflexology like all treatments for fibro needs to be ongoing to be beneficial.

Totally agree, at first I was only have a massage once a month and then increased it to twice a month and now once a week and find I benefit much more than I did before.

SuzyVB wrote:I'm a qualified reflexologist and can tell you that as with all thins fibro it may help it may not. The key is to find someone who uses their hands not a reflexology stick & also to find someone who will adjust the pressure to what you find comfy

Also agree with Suzy, some people can't handle any sort of pressure applied to their bodies whereas I can handle first stage massage which is the gentlest pressure applied. As it's my mum doing mine she knows me and works with me so it is vital to get someone who is willing to work with you on this.

Anything is worth a go as yu never know what you may find helps you. I do find that for the 24 hours after my massage I hurt a bit more than usual but that always settles down within 48 hours and the pain levels go right down.

Let me know how you get on with this as my mum was reading up on it and wanting to expand her training to see if it helps me more.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia