No pleasure anymore

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: No pleasure anymore

Postby geo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Michelle, thanks for the post.

At the moment the only thing I can do is walking but I might start trying to swim soon. My initial injury that started all this off was while racing cycling, and I still can't get on a bike :(.. but swimming sounds like a good idea I will try soon!

I saw my doc today and have been refered to a Rhuemy and given amitriptyline, so will see how that goes :-| :-)
geo
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Hiya,
Just to say that I agree with everything Whoami has said, and to add that I had a great experience with my rheumatologist. I was in her office for an hour and she was very caring, understanding and gave me a diagnosis, after years of suffering and not knowing for sure what I was suffering from. She understood all I was saying and 'ordered' quite a few treatments in order to help my FM symptoms.
Things are already looking up for you Geo... you're on your way to seeing a rheumatologist, and should get a diagnosis, plus you have a fantastic forum with fantastic people to speak to when ever you need to too.
Good luck xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby geo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:40 pm

moomoos wrote:Hiya,
Just to say that I agree with everything Whoami has said, and to add that I had a great experience with my rheumatologist. I was in her office for an hour and she was very caring, understanding and gave me a diagnosis, after years of suffering and not knowing for sure what I was suffering from. She understood all I was saying and 'ordered' quite a few treatments in order to help my FM symptoms.
Things are already looking up for you Geo... you're on your way to seeing a rheumatologist, and should get a diagnosis, plus you have a fantastic forum with fantastic people to speak to when ever you need to too.
Good luck xx

Hi moomoos, thanks for the reply. That's great to hear about the Rheumatologist, I hope I have a similar experience when I see one :) And yes the people on here are great, thank you all :D!x
geo
UKFM Member

Postby toni » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:05 pm

geo keep smiling hopefully this does get better keep your chin up keep feeling proud of your achievments and most importantly keep thinking positive xx
toni
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia