Groin pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Groin pain

Postby HelenE56 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 pm

I have had pain in my right groin over a year ago and was told it was referred pain from sacroiliac joint dysfunction. I have had some relief from facet joint injections, but this week the pain has returned. I was diagnosed with FM in June and now I am wondering if the pain is coming from the tendons in my groin. It is a sharp stabbing pain when I walk, lift my right leg, climb steps etc. any thoughts anyone?
HelenE56
UKFM Newbie

Re: Groin pain

Postby Karou » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Helen,

Sorry your pain has returned.

I have similar pain but also in my hips, lower back and spine. Still haven't heard about my sacroiliac joints but I have a slipped vertebra and my disc is damaged. Not saying that's what you have but I'm wondering if you could talk to your doctor and ask for a scan?

I've had injections in my hip twice and remember that both times the doctor pushed down on the muscle (tender points I think he called them) and said it's to confirm that this is the problem. He also said it helps to find the right location. The louder my ouch, the better the place to put it. :crazy:

If the injections have helped you, could you ask to get them again? I know you have to wait between injections but if you can't get them at the moment, maybe they'll suggest something else to help with the pain.

Good luck, hope this helps. :goodluck2:

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby geo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 pm

I have exactly the same! It's like a really deep pain in my S-Illiac joint that then spreads down my leg, mostly on my right side but some on my left side. I also have trouble lifting my leg up and climbing stairs, it also affects walking most of the time.
geo
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:16 am

some days i walk with my legs together i hurt so much.i cant go up the stairs very well or side stepping is a no no.i do understand your pain .i do hope u find some relief soon x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby HelenE56 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you for your supportive messages. I have had a better day today as I have taken anti inflamatories (naproxen) and been very careful how I have moved around - no sudden movements to set it off again. Although I would not wish pain on others, it helps to know others identify with this problem.
HelenE56
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia