Its a pain in the bum....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Its a pain in the bum....

Postby toni » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Thank you everyone for your replays your all so kind and have given me a lot to think about your advice has been great thanks again guys (: xx
toni
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Toni :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Like Lisa, I'm a bit of an advocate for things like CBT and other talking therapies. They're not for everyone, but if you get the right therapist for you, you can explore all sorts of things that may be affecting you and find all sorts of ways to manage them and hopefully, reduce their impact on you. It doesn't make the pain go away unfortunately, which is something that we'd all love to happen, but being able to handle things in a more suitable way does help lift some of the stress and worry.

There is a lot that is still unknown about FM, one of these areas is whether it can be passed on genetically. There are quite a few members on here who have relatives that have been dx'd with FM, so based on their stories it would suggest that there could be a genetic link. What we need tho is some definite research to give us the actual answer.

We each have our own little twists on things when it comes to managing life with FM which we tend to share with each other, so if you want to give us some more info about areas that you're wanting to find out about, we might be able to come up with some suggestions you could have a go at and see how you go on. There is also a board dedicated to Hints/Tips On Coping, having a bit of a looky on there might be somewhere to start and find some ideas you could try out :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby toni » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:38 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote::welcome: to our FibroFamily Toni :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Like Lisa, I'm a bit of an advocate for things like CBT and other talking therapies. They're not for everyone, but if you get the right therapist for you, you can explore all sorts of things that may be affecting you and find all sorts of ways to manage them and hopefully, reduce their impact on you. It doesn't make the pain go away unfortunately, which is something that we'd all love to happen, but being able to handle things in a more suitable way does help lift some of the stress and worry.

There is a lot that is still unknown about FM, one of these areas is whether it can be passed on genetically. There are quite a few members on here who have relatives that have been dx'd with FM, so based on their stories it would suggest that there could be a genetic link. What we need tho is some definite research to give us the actual answer.

We each have our own little twists on things when it comes to managing life with FM which we tend to share with each other, so if you want to give us some more info about areas that you're wanting to find out about, we might be able to come up with some suggestions you could have a go at and see how you go on. There is also a board dedicated to Hints/Tips On Coping, having a bit of a looky on there might be somewhere to start and find some ideas you could try out :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Thank you will have a look xx
toni
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:17 pm

hi toni. please don't think im being funny but just reply to people yu do not need to requite everytime. as it makes it more reading for people. which is a pain.
im 34 but was diagnosed in having fibro wheni was 27 although again it is thought ive had it nearly all my life. I have a lot of other things wrong with me including rare things so im often used as a guinea pig in treating me. I have had things wrong all my life. so this on top meant that after 12 years as a carer I had to give up work. which I hated. but I have had to. I can walk a bit with crutch an dthen use a wheelchair in which I have to be pushed. so I keep smiling as with being a carer I often worked with a lot worse than me. including people who are bed bound and cannot t alk or do anything for themselves. so I realise how lucky I still am s I can walk and talk and drive. not everyday. but I can at times. so please keep your chin up and not let the fibro take control. :crazy:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:32 am

hi sweetie. i have not read all the reply's so i might repeat someone else but there are other teens in here who have fibro to .there a page on here for teens i believe.its very hard at any age to change one way of life for another, but you do cope you find ways. ive had this thing for years like many in here, and your not the only one who has thought of doing something silly . but you no what there's great things ahead in life , exciting times happy times its called the future and your cant let fibro take that away from you.take one day at and time .i believe Jesus said something like look after today and let tomorrow take care of itself. in other words tomorrow not here so live for today xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby toni » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:29 pm

painprincess1 wrote:hi sweetie. i have not read all the reply's so i might repeat someone else but there are other teens in here who have fibro to .there a page on here for teens i believe.its very hard at any age to change one way of life for another, but you do cope you find ways. ive had this thing for years like many in here, and your not the only one who has thought of doing something silly . but you no what there's great things ahead in life , exciting times happy times its called the future and your cant let fibro take that away from you.take one day at and time .i believe Jesus said something like look after today and let tomorrow take care of itself. in other words tomorrow not here so live for today xxxx

Thank you so much i was feeling down today and reading your comment just made me feel ike there is hope somewhere... At the moment im trying to look towards the future because if i look at the present yes i have some good things at the moment like my boyfriend and stuff but the fibro is just making things harder these days. i am seeing the doctor tomorrow and shall talk to him about pain relief. just need a break sometime soon please lol. Thank you again (: xxxx
toni
UKFM Member

Postby toni » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 pm

smiler22 wrote:hi toni. please don't think im being funny but just reply to people yu do not need to requite everytime. as it makes it more reading for people. which is a pain.
im 34 but was diagnosed in having fibro wheni was 27 although again it is thought ive had it nearly all my life. I have a lot of other things wrong with me including rare things so im often used as a guinea pig in treating me. I have had things wrong all my life. so this on top meant that after 12 years as a carer I had to give up work. which I hated. but I have had to. I can walk a bit with crutch an dthen use a wheelchair in which I have to be pushed. so I keep smiling as with being a carer I often worked with a lot worse than me. including people who are bed bound and cannot t alk or do anything for themselves. so I realise how lucky I still am s I can walk and talk and drive. not everyday. but I can at times. so please keep your chin up and not let the fibro take control. :crazy:

im sorry you find this a pain but i feel mean not replying to people so i try to reply to everyone whether thats to chat or to say thank you. i understand how you feel being a carer i volunteer in a home for disabled adults and i do feel im lucky in a sense ... but still having my bad days. im sorry you have a lot wrong with you rare things too.. it must suck being a guinea pig i know how i would feel. thank you for your comment (:
toni
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia