Holiday from hell!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Holiday from hell!!!

Postby judipat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:39 am

Hello all,

As you can see, I'm up at stupid o'clock for the third night in a row! In fact, since I returned from holiday, I have not slept much at all carrying on from not sleeping whilst on holiday!!!
I was so looking forward to getting away with the family - we rented a beautiful villa in the Algarve, Portugal. However, the 30+ degree heat, different/uncomfortable bed and vicious, bloody mosquitos really started affecting me quite quickly - I felt bloody awful. By the second week, I was soooo tired, I felt down some steps one night and landed smack on my one knee cap - my already painful legs were now almost useless, every step was agony - so, that was me almost immobile for the rest of the holiday. Then my pompholyx (hand dematitis) flared up with a vengence and was excruciatingly painful - another trip to the medics for steroid cream (thank God I had insurance!!!lol)
Its really made me question whether its really worth going away on holiday which is such a shame as I love to travel.
Sorry for the rant but i'm feeling so tired and p'd off with it all.
judipat
UKFM Member

Re: Holiday from hell!!!

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 am

oh hun poor you.nothing worse then getting away from it all and then finding u took it all with you.i suffer with my knees badly they pop out and leave me un able to move and screaming in pain. so i no how sore you must be.could you not go away a cooler time of year.i dont go abroad as if im not well i no i haven't got far to go home.have you got some strong pain killers from the dr to help with knee might even help you sleepxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Holiday from hell!!!

Postby denys » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Oh dear, sorry to hear you had a rotten time :hugs: :hugs: Maybe it was the place you had gone to, we have members on here that swear by their 2 week break in the sun. But others wouldnt dream of it, so maybe you have to find a place that is more friendly to you, somewhere were you can get some sun but not the insects :?: :?: :?:

It doesnt mean you have to stop travelling, but maybe just taper it to more suitable destinations :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia