phantom smells!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

phantom smells!!

Postby Diane64 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:33 pm

What is it with fibro and phantom smells?? it is driving me up the wall, i keep smelling what i think is pollen, i threw out flowers yesterday that i had in the living room thinking it was them, but i still smell it and im at work!! Feel as if im going crazy!! Its been nearly 4 days of smelling this..please someone tell me it doesnt last!!
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: phantom smells!!

Postby bab1969 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Really sorry to hear that but glad i am not alone. Just been diagnosed after many many years and have found a lot of things explained but phantom smells wasn't one of them. My smells are chicken soup and roast beef!! in the most unexplained places really annoying especially the looks from other people when you ask if they can smell it too. Gentle hugs x
bab1969
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 pm

If its driving you crazy i would suggest you have a word with your GP to check your sinuses for infection just in case its not fibro related.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Diane64 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Yea thanks Lisa but i was just at the docs yest for chest infection, ears and sinuses are pretty clear though, never thought to mention this because i was convinced it was the flowers..googled earlier today smells/fibro and amazed at what read..

bab, i was diagnosed earlier this year, finding really bizarre things happening thats fibro related but makes it a little less stressful when explained.. x
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 am

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Purpledot » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm

I get this, and it drives me mad!

I spent ages yesterday investigating the whole house as I could smell something like mouldy soil! All my houseplants had a thorough inspection and my kitchen was investigated to within an inch of its life. I found nothing to explain the smell, and OH couldn't smell anything at all!

I often have the odd wave of burning smell, too, which is very disconcerting. I am always checking to see if the oven has been left on!

Weird, huh?
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia