Having to get on with it!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Having to get on with it!

Postby George123 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi
I've been living with this for several years now and really feel even more down now I've been officially diagnosed. I have fibro , Cfs,b12deficiency, kidney stones, low iron, coeliacs ware and tear of the knees and wrists,my gp thought I portrayed m.s rather than fibro but ruled out by MRI. With all this going on I expected a bit of understanding but I don't get any I had a review with an advanced physio who thought I would benefit from oral morphene but I don't want that (have had a lot of problems with other meds) my gp is fantastic he wrote to the dla to inform them of his opinion and I was awarded higher rate on both counts but even still no understanding from anyone else!! My home life is getting me down as no one close to me understands my real issues and I'm pushing myself (with immense difficulty) to try and please if I'm not cooking and tidying up and I explain why then my hubby gives me huffs & puffs and dirty looks its causing me to resent him!! I no it's hard work to live with a fibro sufferer but its also hard living with it. On a good day I question myself about fibro but then later on after I've pushed myself I get burning in the muscles and can't stay awake.i only took my granddaughter to play group for an hour & half and can't move today . SORRY for the rant !!!
George123
UKFM Newbie

Re: Having to get on with it!

Postby GinaD » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Please dont apologise, know exactly how you feel, its the problem with having an invisible disease, sending very gentle hug and hope that life evens out for you xxx
GinaD
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:30 pm

I feel for you, it's hard when the ones closest to you don't seem to understand.

I feel I have to explain myself every day and it's not helping. Looking after a friend's place and her son has always been a good friend too but since I went down with this horrible illness I get lots of comments like "you just need to try harder, lose some weight, do you want to live on benefits forever?" No, I don't. I loved my job and cried for days when I had to accept I can't do it anymore. Maybe one day I'll find the strength and can work again, who knows.

What I'd like to say is you didn't choose to be ill and it's not your fault that you have this health problem. I know it's hard but please don't blame yourself, I doubt anyone who was given a choice would happily have Fibro. Listen to your body, it tells you what's best for you. Maybe you could show your loved ones this: http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4732 ? Or you could print it.

Sending you lots of gentle :hugs: :hugs:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 am

same as hun. i to feel like i have to explain im in pain but i still do all the house work.i dont want tear i dont want ppl wiping my ass but sometimes i wish someone would say u ok u dont look to good,
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Ashton » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 am

Hugs to you .at home ill should be on a course with work.if one more person tells me I look well I will scream.hang on in there make the most of the good days,even if they do t come often.
Ashton
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi George and :welcome: to the forum, maybe you could pop over to the 'Where to say hello' board and introduce yourself if you fancy :-D :-D :-D It is difficult for all involved with fibro and its also hard not to resent things when all you want is a hug and someone to say "OK you go and sit/lie down and I'll make you a cuppa" but I think we have all been there.

Have you thought about printing out 'one for the non-believers' and leaving it for him to read :?: :?: :?: :?: it sometimes helps for them to get an insight to how we are feeling :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia