Chin ache

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chin ache

Postby Sunbeam » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Does anyone else suffer from chin and/or jaw ache. I get this from time to time and am worried about it being a symptom of heart attack. The ache is usually on the left at the base of my chin, sometimes further left in my jaw. Today its almost an ear ache too. I get it every few weeks but it always worries me. I know of TMJ but this isnt up near the jaw hinge, but always around the chin. I do not have any other heart symptoms. I do have alot of pain in my arms and hands but never in my chest. Its so difficult with FMS because we never know if it is masking something more serious. :?:
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Re: Chin ache

Postby crazycat36 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Ive got similar pain in my jaw as u and ive been told its TMJ but if ur concerned then u should really go to get it checked out this pain can also b caused from chronic gum disease which I had and originally was told that was what was causing the pain but I had to get all my teeth out and get false teeth and so now hav no gum disease and still the pain and its been decided that its TMJ xx
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Re: Chin ache

Postby Sunbeam » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I know its not gum disease or toothache. I told my Dr. some months ago but she wasnt concerned. She didnt even comment. I have had it on and off for over a year so i suppose if it was heart, i would know by now. I will re-visit Dr.if it doesnt stop soon.
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia