Feeling so down today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling so down today

Postby Picklepudding » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:16 pm

I can't even manage an afternoon shopping without ending up like a hobbling idiot. I'm 38 years old and I'm contemplating buying a walking stick to see if it helps. What has happened to my life?!?!?! The life I once knew seems to be disappearing before my eyes. Sorry for moaning but it's really got to me today and I'm feeling very low :o(
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling so down today

Postby kazisedso » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Pickle pudding hi Hun,

I know exactly how you feel, I'm 43 and I cannot walk around shops or supermarkets.
I use crutches and also a walking stick, it depends how bad I am feeling as to what I will use.
They do help with my balance problems, and offer a little bit of support, but, I can't stand for too long without really bad back pain, so I also have a rollator with a seat, and I use that too.

Tbh, if I am really bad I will stay in the car and let my hubby do the shopping... It's not worth the tiredness and pain.
Get yourself a walking stick Hun and give it a try, you have nothing to lose .

All the best

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby fluffyjoy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I know how you are feeling Picklepudding :( I had the same thought last week but then I wondered where I would get the arm strength to lean on it. I've picked up a lot of great advice on here. I think maybe a shopping trolley to pull will help (at least to lean on ) ? Hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
fluffyjoy
UKFM Member

Postby Sjnsasy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:48 pm

I've felt the same today :( I'm 39 and have crutches for the worst days. I'm fed up, it feels like I have the body of a 90!
Sjnsasy
UKFM Newbie

Postby clubsound4 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm

hi,Ive had a really bad day this week,I used a walking stick but physio have given me a 3 wheeled walker as Im really bad out side,also I am right handed and have had really bad shoulder pain for 2 years but recently was in agony in the surgery and GP sent me to hospital for xrays,on the same day I got the results,arthritis, :( so not a happy bunny but hey could be worse ,I know this condition will not kill me and Im still breathing lol,soft hugs everyonex :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:26 am

Picklepudding.......Your life isn't ending, just changing. The path on your journey has only taken a different turn.

I can understand how you feel about needing a cane. Because I was always very active I could not imagine me needing one. I then looked at my sister in law, my father in law, my best friends children all in wheelchairs and thought it could be worse, it has been at times. It was only a cane. At times it is only a crutch or chair. These items are not us. We are not defined by them. They are simply tools to help us enjoy life.
I was married 6 months when I met fibro. These tools have helped me to enjoy so much of life with my hubby.
Some of us worry what others will think. That is their issue...that is if they even notice.

Picklepudding, get yourself a cane, crutches, chair...even a camel ,LOL if it helps you live and enjoy life

If you hear of some whacky expat in Canada riding a camel to the mall in the snow, it will be me enjoying life, LOL :tongueout:
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Picklepudding » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.

If I ever go to Canada, I'll certainly be looking out for that camel!

I feel so bad for moaning as I know lots of people are much worse off than me...although a friend of mine has just pointed out that the fact that other people are worse than me won't make me feel any better...true, but I should probably just learn to moan less!

I'm still considering the walking stick...just for emergencies maybe?

Hope everyone has a pain free day xxx
Last edited by Picklepudding on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:56 am

Picklepudding, you go ahead and moan, if that is what you want to call it. I just call it releasing my stress. I have done my share in 24 years, LOL You have certainly got good reason to vent. Never apologise for how you feel and always let your feelings out. If not you will add more stress. Just do the best you can with getting out, push yourself but know when to stop. I hope you find some relief soon.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Don't worry about having a moan Pickle, we all need an outlet for those thoughts and feelings that build up, and on here you that whoever replies will understand from having gone thru something similar themselves :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If you're considering having a stick for emergencies, you can get some that fold up to go into your bag. Something like that could be a consideration as it won't be on show all the time, just during the times you need to use it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia