hmm... pip trying to wriggle out, or just bogged down?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hmm... pip trying to wriggle out, or just bogged down?

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

well helloo =]
made an application for pip... MONTHS ago. got a little letter about halfway through august saying "yes we have received your application and we will give you an assessment between the 11th and 18th of september" not too bad i though. did a bit of checking on the internet to see where the assessment centre was. turned out it was 14 miles away, somewhere i didn't know! got a bit stressed and panicky, phoned them up and requested a home visit. "have you written reasons on your forms for this?" err, well yeah, its not something that just popped into my head and though ooh might as well. do they even read the forms? :nono: yes, i said. its all on my form. so he puts me on hold to actually go and physically check my form to see if i had written things! anyway, he comes back eventually and says, yes, i can see you have written it here, i will speak to my superiors and call you back in a few days with possible dates for an assessment. all well and good. or so i though. that phone call was on the 12th of september and as of today, i have not received a call back. should i be worried? i have been told from multiple places that pip is completely bogged down and to expect long waits. just not sure if they have forgotten :lol:

also, in a bit of a pickle with the home visit too. i live in a bedsit, no bigger than a smallish bedroom and nowhere other than the bed to sit on. the OH doesn't really want to be here when the assessor comes, and that usually isn't a problem, but our room is on the 2nd floor so if he goes out, i have to go down the stairs to let the person in, and i reeeeeallly don't want to use the stairs. i haven't been out of this house for months partially because of this and i'm not sure what to do :cry:
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: hmm... pip trying to wriggle out, or just bogged down?

Postby jools1903 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Can't your OH stay and let the assessor in then go out?
jools1903
UKFM Member

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

its a possibility. since the assessor has no fixed time of arrival (besides a three appointment time window), whoever OH is going to see has to be free all day, and its kinda unlikely lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby doctoria71 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 pm

I had my asessment in July in what was called a Physio centre, but must be for assessments only...... He said I would hear in 6-8 weeks, as yet nothing.
doctoria71
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm wondering if you have a window towards the front door? If it's not too high could you open the window and drop the key to the front door so they can let themselves in and then give it back to you?

Not ideal but if you can't use the stairs or they make you uncomfortable they should understand.

Just an idea...

:hugs: :grouphug: :hugs:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 pm

live at the back of the house :cry: gonna have to get the OH to let them in lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby purrrcatty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I had my assesment 3 months ago and when i rang today to ask if anything been sorted yet they said no nothing on my notes and i will recieve a letter when its sorted so just sit and wait im told x x
purrrcatty
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia