No appetite

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No appetite

Postby Leannellie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi all. Feeling rubbish today as had no sleep last night. Have lost my appetite haven't eaten for 2 days but feeling really bloated. Doc upped my meds (sertraline) from 100mg to 200mg, could this be the reason do you think?
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Re: No appetite

Postby LouLou » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi Leannellie

I go through periods of feeling like that, but I have IBS which I've had for some years now. This can me me lose my appetite, feel sick and look pregnant (when I'm not lol)

Also, with all the meds us sufferers often take these can have a knock on effect on your stomach. I try to eat something small just before taking my meds even just paracetamol. You say your meds have just beened increased? This could well be a cause of this especially if taking on an empty stomach. If I'm struggling to eat I stick to a few plain biscuits or some toast just to line the stomach.

If this is something you haven't had before it's always best to get checked by a Doctor just to rule out anything else or even check with your local pharmacist as i find they can be great sources of knowledge when I can't get in with my GP.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Leannellie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi loulou Lol as I typed Lou predictive text put loudmouth, good job I checked!!!! Wondering if I have ibs as tummy so bloated I too look pregnant. I'm either rushing to the loo or finding it hard to go. Also peeing loads but read that's another symptom . I'm soooo tired but can't seen to switch off.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi

Talking of no appetite i have found that i'm eating because i know its meal times that's.

otherwise i could go all day with food. My Biggest problem at the moment is talking fluids in only drink to take my tablets. I have to start drinking but don't really want it. to be honest i drink as much as the bottle of coke you buy.

karen
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Lol Leannellie

That made me chuckle lol Oh the joys of IBS. It can make you really constipated or be going all the time I tend to bounce between those two and if I'm worried or stressed it flares up quite badly, and there are even times where I'm not aware of being worried or stressed but there is something in the back of my mind which can upset things. Also when I eat too much bread based products and really spicy food.

Have a word with your GP about it as these can be symptoms of other things too and wouldn't want you to ignore them.

Karen, I get the same too sometimes and some days I'll only eat a biscuit or two when taking any meds and that's all I'll eat all day, then on other days I can stuff my face quite easily lol. The drinking think I haven't heard of though.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Karou » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi,

I was on sertraline a few years ago and when I first started, it made me want to run from food. The same happened when I was given duloxetine which was great because it helped me to start rethinking my diet and I lost weight. Now I'm too used to it for that though.

IBS for me means there are days when all I want is porridge with soya milk. I can now tolerate cows milk again in small amounts but too much and IBS goes nuts. Same with wheat, tomatoes, spicy or greasy food. I get bloated, cramps, nausea, no appetite and other unpleasant symptoms. I take spasmonal or buscopan to help with the pain.

The drinking part only happens to me when I'm bad, even water can make me feel sick. What's strange is that Sainsbury's own no added sugar cream soda doesn't. Haven't found out why but I can drink it when IBS is giving me a hard time. I've tried other brands but this one is the only one that works. :dunno:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby GinaD » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 am

Oh dear, Im doing the opposite, the poor me behaviour, you know, poor me i feel so fed up, in pain etc,I think I'll eat the entire contents of the fridge!!!
GinaD
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 pm

:-D
GinaD wrote:Oh dear, Im doing the opposite, the poor me behaviour, you know, poor me i feel so fed up, in pain etc,I think I'll eat the entire contents of the fridge!!!

Lol GinaD :-)
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia