So tomorrow...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So tomorrow...

Postby toni » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Tomorrow i have a blood test... i dont get why im having another one since i only had one two weeks ago guess they screwed up lol. But its one of those ones where you cant eat for a certain amount of time... and i am really hungry not good... Me and my boyfriend are struggling. I'm finding it so hard to be normal espcially now its started effecting my walking which makes it more obvious that i have something wrong... My boyfriend doesnt have a diagnosis but its getting more probable that its either fibro or lime disease hes really struggling and i feel totally useless im trying to be supportive and be there for him but no matter what i do i feel like im not doing enough... he did my job yesterday so i could go to a friends of mine memorial because he accidently screwed up my boss said she wasnt paying him... i feel so bad the only reason he accepted is cuz he needed the money so i attempted to pay him he wouldnt accept it no matter how stubborn i was.. now i feel so bad when he deserves the money.. i wouldnt mind but ive made the same mistake that he did and got no punishment for it... its so unfair on him and i feel bad... im in so much pain my face feels numb and saggy i have pain in my neck shoulders knees feet and cramps in the back of my legs i can hardly walk and whats worse i accidentally elbowed my boyfriend and now hes in chronic pain in his hips its all my fault never felt this bad in my whole life... help me please
toni
UKFM Member

Re: So tomorrow...

Postby whoami » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 am

Your Dr could be giving you a bloodtest for some reason that is different than the other blood tests. Have you had an official diagnosis?
Secondly......you did not cause your friend to have chronic pain from you knocking his hip. You may have irritated an already condition.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby migrembe » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:14 am

You should ask what they blood test is for and if there was a problem with the last lot. Blood tests leave me in a lot of pain so i try to avoid them at all cost if i can. And remember you can say NO! I think we forget we can say No or not now. Knowing what's wrong doesn't make it easier, i thought it would too, but it didn't. Acceptance is another bone ache, i am fed up with hearing 'if you accept you can't then it will be easier on you' (a friend) yes but are you going to accept that i just cant too? (me).

Take a day off and do only what you want to do, anything else can wait for a day. :flowers:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby toni » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

whoami wrote:Your Dr could be giving you a bloodtest for some reason that is different than the other blood tests. Have you had an official diagnosis?
Secondly......you did not cause your friend to have chronic pain from you knocking his hip. You may have irritated an already condition.

Thank you for your reply ... yes i have an offcial diagnosis but they were talking about maybe testing for lyme disease as a friend mentioned it to me so i mentioned it to the doctor... i know i didnt cause it but i feel quite guilty cuz he can hardly walk at the moment feel like its my fault :/ thanks again x
toni
UKFM Member

Postby toni » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

migrembe wrote:You should ask what they blood test is for and if there was a problem with the last lot. Blood tests leave me in a lot of pain so i try to avoid them at all cost if i can. And remember you can say NO! I think we forget we can say No or not now. Knowing what's wrong doesn't make it easier, i thought it would too, but it didn't. Acceptance is another bone ache, i am fed up with hearing 'if you accept you can't then it will be easier on you' (a friend) yes but are you going to accept that i just cant too? (me).

Take a day off and do only what you want to do, anything else can wait for a day. :flowers:

Thank you for your reply... i guess i didnt think about the no word as i just assumed there was an important reason he needed my blood... maybe my doctor is a vampire (: i'm finding it really hard to accept that i have this i dont want it anymore espcially when its stopping me do normal things... so when i had the blood test my arm swelled up and i got a red rash on my chest i've never had that reaction to a needle before but when i asked the practise nurse if that was normal she laughed at me like i was an idiot... not sure where i can go from here guess i just have to wait for the results...

Thank you again xx
toni
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 pm

In my former life i was a staff nurse so i know all about the No word and i use it often. Even if you don't want to say No at least say why? As for accepting that you have 'it' try doing one thing you would have done that you can still do. I found it help with accepting things as they are, because by doing that you will be able to see what you can do and what you really can't any more. You may have had to give up many things but don't give up on living as well. :hugs:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:39 pm

I agree with...Migrembe..there is no reason to give up on living.

Fibromyalgia does not define anyone. We are not fibro. Fibro does not dictate our lives, we do. Living with fibromyalgia does constitute change but we can still live a productive, happy and enjoyable life. Fibromyalgia is not a death sentence but a sentence to live.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia