anyone else

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

anyone else

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Am i the only one who feels better for keeping going then sitting still, dont get me wrong i feel like #### but i find the all over body ache feels better if i move.trying to explain the ache to other ppl is so hard as its flu x pain x out of the body type ,yes i no dont make scene to me to lol.i have to move im getting so fat anyway .and now i think my anit depressant arnt working as im sooo wind up i cant let a thing go.in fact things can become all consuming and that cant be right can it x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: anyone else

Postby Bev2210 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi hun no you're not the only one I feel better if I keep mobile it's not easy coz the pain is terrible but if find it much worse when I've been sat for any length of time, trying to get out of bed in the morning is absolute agony :cry:
Bev2210
UKFM Newbie

Postby frances A » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 pm

hello ! although family and friends constantly say ' sit down' and 'rest' I force myself to keep moving - but every day it gets harder. I've always said I could face anything as long as I was mobile- but now it even hurts getting in and out of the car, I seem to stagger not walk, I am to be fitted with a splint -?- to help- but I ask my self what is the solution- is there one ? I've tried it all, activity, rest ,a mixture of both & still I seemed to have failed at beating this wretched affliction :(
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi hun,

I have days when moving feels better than resting for muscle pain but because of joint pain I can't do it. :-| And then there's the struggle getting out of bed...especially after a sleepless night. Takes me at least half an hour. sigh

Would be great to know why this happens. I'd like to be more active and lose weight so I've tried swimming. It's not too much impact because the water supports my weight but getting there and back home is another thing. Wish I had my own pool lol

It's hard to explain the pain from Fibro for me as well. Non sufferers always give me funny looks so now I say imagine being run over by a truck after a horse had fun dragging you through town on a rope behind it. Not sure if it helps but it stops the looks. :mrgreen:

What bothers me most at the moment is my trouble with standing or walking. Can't do more than a few minutes. I considered a stick or crutches but they're not cheap and I'm only 33, I get scared that maybe soon I can't walk at all. :( Like francesA I've tried rest, active, mix but I feel like Fibro is always one step ahead.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Keeping as active as we can is always beneficial, for both body and sanity. If I wasn't able to do the little things that I can manage each day, then I'd have given up on everything a long, long, long time ago. I came very close to that happening a few years ago and the one thing I learnt from that time was that I don't ever want to go back to that place again :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I'm in pain all the time, it doesn't matter if I'm sat, laying down or up and moving around, it's there, and working with it takes a heck of a lot less energy than battling against it, so that's what I try to do. It doesn't always work out as I would like it to, so just going with whatever happens makes it that bit easier to handle.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby frances A » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:44 pm

a quick tip for Karou- try the charity shops- they often have nice ladies walking sticks cheaply priced !
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 am

Sending you some gentle hugs painprincess

Makes sense to me what you're saying lol. And I too sometimes feel like I think too much and like I'm in my own head too much, especially when I have bad days and I'm resting, sometimes I just can't switch off.

FluppyPuffy wrote:I'm in pain all the time, it doesn't matter if I'm sat, laying down or up and moving around, it's there, and working with it takes a heck of a lot less energy than battling against it, so that's what I try to do. It doesn't always work out as I would like it to, so just going with whatever happens makes it that bit easier to handle.

Same for me on that one, and it does take time to work out when your body is ok to cope with being up and about and when you need to rest up. I often push through the pain and fatigue to get things done and for the most part as long as I don't over push I find I'm usually ok.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 am

Yup, keeping going is better. I have a stinking cold this week, and felt like going to bed as soon as I got home from work, but I kept going, got some chores done, and fell into bed at 9. I'm no worse today than yesterday, and mentally I'm in a better place because I achieved things at home. There's a lot to be said for movement as a means of keeping positive.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:42 pm

yes keep moving keep doing as much as you can crash and burn later thats what i do .
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia