how do I explain things to my Dr

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

how do I explain things to my Dr

Postby wen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi all I have some new feelings that are new to me but they seem silly to seey gp about. I have been getting shooting pain down my back and around my bottom :( also iam really itchy in silly places like in between my fingers and on the ball of my foot. The aches are like iv got the flu and the pain I normally get is getting sharper :-| . Any idea's or is it just something else I have to get used to. Thanks for the advice in advance xx
wen
UKFM Member

Re: how do I explain things to my Dr

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Wen....don't ever feel too embarrassed, shy, silly or whatever to ask your GP or anyone a question. I always say, if you don't ask you won't know and you can only blame yourself for not asking. No question is the wrong question to ask. So..anything new that is bothering you then go and see your GP.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Garyl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Happens to us all i think different things from time to time, for me at the moment is my fingers and hands so much pain.

Just tell doctor whats happening and ask for advice and help, i keep losing balance already use a walking aid so not mentioning to doc not keen on wheel chair or like

Hope things improve for you
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby wen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Thank you. I have a walking aid with wheels but I didn't like using it to be honest. Every day something different seems to happen its getting silly now some days I just wish I could stay asleep and not have to face another day. I know we probably all feel like that at times but it does make you feel so alone. Gentle hugs to all of our fellow sufferers
Xx
wen
UKFM Member

Postby ru.campbell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

hi wen.Definitely tell the doc. I tend to made notes on my phone in case the Fibrofog makes me forgetful once I'm in there.

I too have had all of those. The itchy thing is really annoying. Also had the lack of balance Gary Mentioned--they said that was Labyrithintis, gave me exercises to do and gave me seasick tablets. Not sure if Gary has the same thing--mine was pretty bad. Felt like I was on a North sea ferry some days.

Really sorry to hear that you're getting even more symptoms.

I think we just have to be a pain (haha) and go to the docs as often as necessary

At the end of the day I've paid tax and NI for 25 years so I'll go to the docs as much as I think I need to.

Stay strong

Ru
ru.campbell
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Wen, you'd duplicated your post so I've got rid of one of them and merged the replies together so they're all in one place and won't cause the inevitable chaos and confuzzlation that comes from people replying to both of them.
wen wrote:Hi all I have some new feelings that are new to me but they seem silly to seey gp about.

No new feelings/symptoms are silly to see your GP about. When anyone asks about a new symptom/problem that they have, one of the first, and oft~repeated suggestions made is going to see a doc about it as, whilst it may be FM related, it could also be due to something that is completely unrelated and needs looking into further to sort it out.

The itchiness is something that plagues me. As well as being FM related, I also have extremely sensitive skin and it only takes a teeny change of ingredients in handwash, laundry liquid, fabric conditioner etc etc for it to aggravate things further.

The shooting pains, aches etc intensifying could be due to something like a change in the weather or be caused by any additional stresses and worries you may be having. It's at times like this FM loves to get and even tighter grip on things. As much as I don't want to sound like it's my favourite phrase, it could also be due to something else at work.

Make a list or a few notes about the different things you're experiencing and take it with you to see your GP. If they think it is FM related, you could find that a small twiddle with any meds you may currently be on helps make things a little bit more manageable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm

I agree with the others dont feel silly about asking, thats what your doc is there for and I'm sure they would prefer dealing with things at the beginning rather than have to deal with something that has become a much bigger problem
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia